Rising Tide Intro Cinematic in Polish Preview Video

Nice find. I like the ending where they see the first city landing in the sea.

Wow. The intro video 'presumes' an affinity 6 level or so for those (Franco-Iberians?) observing the descent of this lander? At least, IIRC the second level tacjet starts at affinity 6.

Something else. I assume the game still lets the player land first. Now, some of those new colonies leave Earth way after the Seeding, so if a player picks one of those new ones, their ship is supposedly tremendeously faster then those of the Seeding.

Wow. The intro video 'presumes' an affinity 6 level or so for those (Franco-Iberians?) observing the descent of this lander? At least, IIRC the second level tacjet starts at affinity 6.

Something else. I assume the game still lets the player land first. Now, some of those new colonies leave Earth way after the Seeding, so if a player picks one of those new ones, their ship is supposedly tremendeously faster then those of the Seeding.

I wouldnt try to inject lore reasons to something that is just a gameplay mechanic.

If there really needs to be a reason for this, you could just say that the first wave of flights left before a huge technological breakthrough in interstellar motors allowed subsequent flights to travel faster and arrive roughly at the same time as first flight.

If there really needs to be a reason for this, you could just say that the first wave of flights left before a huge technological breakthrough in interstellar motors allowed subsequent flights to travel faster and arrive roughly at the same time as first flight.

It doesn't even need to be a fast breakthrough...
The first flights took 400 years....
The Earth is truly stuck in a Technological Stagnation if it takes 200 years to double the speed (or 100 years to bump it by 30%)

I took some time to figure out the story behind this cinematic. At first a lot of the scenes seems to be happening on Earth, which left me really confused. The level os development on the planet, the resemblance on Earth and the fact that they are breathing normally on the new atmosphere without any kind of suit contributed to this impression.

But anyway, it is an interesting plot. All old factions already installed on the planet when suddenly the new ones shows up late to the party.

It is curious though that the new incoming faction is represented by the Franco-Iberian symbol, unless that's just their default symbol for incoming landers.

Also makes me wonder why they wouldn't answer attempts to communicate and whether that will factor into a quest line. We already know they're taking out immediate contact-on-arrival for factions.

Also the depiction of a habitable space station makes me wonder if that will be a new option for the orbital layer.

It is curious though that the new incoming faction is represented by the Franco-Iberian symbol, unless that's just their default symbol for incoming landers.

Also makes me wonder why they wouldn't answer attempts to communicate and whether that will factor into a quest line. We already know they're taking out immediate contact-on-arrival for factions.

Also the depiction of a habitable space station makes me wonder if that will be a new option for the orbital layer.

I understood that symbol being the head of the franco iberian fleet. And if they wont answer they're probably Al Falah.

that's gonna be in the next xpack.

Anyone else notice the Space Rocket Launch Pad in the Iber-Franco Capital?

edit: At 04:03

Aye.

Flying worms hmm cool

Alright. Time for the important stuff.

4:26 - Z Coordinate starts at 124 and decreases below 122
4:29 - Z Coordinate is at 124 again and decreases below 122 a second time
4:32 - Z Coordinate is at 124 for the THIRD TIME and immediately starts decreasing again
4:38 - The thing has moved for another 6 seconds now and the Z Coordinate once again begins at 124 before it slowly decreases.

They thought we wouldn't notice. But they underestimated us - we DID notice! Sloppy editing - EXPOSED!

/edit: Also @5:13 the guys in the background don't cast shadows. Tzezezeze. :p

Alright. Time for the important stuff.

4:26 - Z Coordinate starts at 124 and decreases below 122
4:29 - Z Coordinate is at 124 again and decreases below 122 a second time
4:32 - Z Coordinate is at 124 for the THIRD TIME and immediately starts decreasing again
4:38 - The thing has moved for another 6 seconds now and the Z Coordinate once again begins at 124 before it slowly decreases.

They thought we wouldn't notice. But they underestimated us - we DID notice! Sloppy editing - EXPOSED!

/edit: Also @5:13 the guys in the background don't cast shadows. Tzezezeze. :p

Whelp. That killed this expansion for me.

Dropped.

Whelp. That killed this expansion for me.

Dropped.

I don't know but there are bunch of games that has perfect or awesome trailers but gameplay sucks or not like trailers at all such as Saints row :p. Maybe we all will have to wait for their patch 2.0?
But I wish Firaxis will review full intro soon. :goodjob:

EDIT: And some game trailers are even worse. Made for hype or misleading. Like Borderlands 1,2,TPS. It just worse than forgot to add shadow to "a guy" in my opinion.

Just an update, looks like the video has been removed and replaced with one that doesn't reveal the cinematic.

I'm guessing they didn't mean for anyone to see it this early.

Oops.

Top Bottom