Carthage troubles

so I founded carthage and 2 other cities, both coastal, along with messenger of the gods pantheon, just to try it out. but for some reason none of my cities have connections! i have sailing and optics researched (and even great lighthouse), and have every coastal tile in between visible. i did have a few barbs earlier, but i cleared them out. AND there wasnt even a blockaded icon then. any ideas what im doing wrong? i have the harbors in the cities, but no connections.

Attachments

• no connection.jpg
    no connection.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 137
The Wheel really is the tech that you are missing. It's kind of hidden because Wheel unlocks the Roads.. but The Wheel actually unlocks the ability to possess the "City Connections" (or Trade Routes in pre BNW)

So research Wheel and you'll get City connections :)

from one king to another, i thank you BigOz. you were right. who knew that was the case?! haha. seems like a big interface oversight on their part. not knowing what to do messed that game up a bit more than i wanted though so i abandoned it, but thanks for the info anyway!

Yeah, that happened to me the first time I played Carthage too. It's annoying and I was very confused before I figured that out. I went through half the game before researching that tech...

Iroquois also suffer from this "case" (their forest tiles count as roads if they are in friendly territory so if theres a line of forests it makes a connection, but at least that tooltip refers to the Wheel.

Top Bottom