D&D 3.5 Play-by-post: discussion (and possibly recruitment)

-Decided to make a Level 4 Sorceror, as without the advantage of Charm Person and Geass spells it is unlikely my character could raise an effective rebellion.
Fair enough. Send me a character description.

PMs sent soon for two new characters. The lvl 4 really allows more of what I was going for with my mounted character.

I should mention that I'm pretty much building the setting (and the adventure) around the characters, so I can only really get my stuff sorted once I know at least vaguely what characters my group will play.

EDIT: I still have three spots open - Seon and Stuck in Pi are the only ones who have sent me their descriptions. Both are playing fighters.

EDIT EDIT: Those of you who are playing the same characters in both games, just be very certain you won't get confused between games. If you think there's even the slightest chance of one game affecting how you play the other, create a different character.

(Henrebotha's game)

Alexandros is a mounted fighter whose fiery lance delivers vengeance to those who oppose his charge.

I'll join however many games are still open when i get back.

@ Tassle; yeah I can see how people not bothering to know/look up things can be anoying.

My game still has 3 open positions. Send me a prose character description and you're in. The game already has two fighters so if you're not sure what you want to play, rather go for something not focused on face-smashing.

EDIT: My game is full up.

I have good news for all playing Henrebotha's D&D. The good news is that we have no healer. How is that a good news? listen here. LFG

I blame Midsummer for me missing this thread completely until now. I'm a big fan of D&D, especially 3.5 edition, and I DM 3.5 self-made campaigns with my friends as players every once in a while. (we are currently in the midst of one such campaign, currently at 5th level) :)

Sadly, I do not have the time to join any of these games here at present, but I shall be more than glad to offer answers to any questions you might have. Let it, however, be put on record that I don't have a clue when it comes to anything 4th edition related.

If you are looking for a quick rules reference, the D20srd has all the basic rules and then some more.

www.d20srd.org (Edit: Ah, should read the OP first, link to the SRD is already there. :))

Can somebody remind me how much cash I'm supposed to get at level 4? I've lost my DMG.

5,400 gp, according to standard 3.5 rules a character can spend a maximum of 1/3 of that gold on a single item, which in this case is 1,800 gp as the max prise of any single piece of equipment/magic item.

Strangely the D20srd does not contain this vital piece of info. :hmm:

It is mentioned further up in this thread though... And flyingchicken, I would be happy to play in your game, once i got time that is...

I blame Midsummer for me missing this thread completely until now. I'm a big fan of D&D, especially 3.5 edition, and I DM 3.5 self-made campaigns with my friends as players every once in a while. (we are currently in the midst of one such campaign, currently at 5th level) :)

Sadly, I do not have the time to join any of these games here at present, but I shall be more than glad to offer answers to any questions you might have. Let it, however, be put on record that I don't have a clue when it comes to anything 4th edition related.

If you are looking for a quick rules reference, the D20srd has all the basic rules and then some more.

www.d20srd.org (Edit: Ah, should read the OP first, link to the SRD is already there. :))

5,400 gp, according to standard 3.5 rules a character can spend a maximum of 1/3 of that gold on a single item, which in this case is 1,800 gp as the max prise of any single piece of equipment/magic item.

Really?! Never heard that one before... :confused:

EDIT: The DMG says you could use such a rule, and they actually suggest 1/4.

Really?! Never heard that one before... :confused:

EDIT: The DMG says you could use such a rule, and they actually suggest 1/4.

Ah, sorry, didn't have my books at hand when I posted that, as I was at work, and indeed it is a variant rule. We use that rule all the time and I, falsely, remembered that it was a standard rule. :blush:

Heh, no problem, I was just confused. It's one of the better variant rules, but I can imagine many situations where it need not apply.

According to my google search, it's not part of the Open Gaming License, and therefore is not supposed to be distributed online ;)

My game is full - 5 people. I'm currently working with all the players to get characters finalised and character sheets set up, and once that's done (and I finish my preparation) we can begin.

Sorry for the delay- I'll start working on the character sheet itself now.

Name: Bru Sko
Race: Human
Class: Level 4 Wizard

Familiar: Snake
Languages: Common, Draconic, Orc, Elven, Infernal

Attributes:
Strength: 9 (-1)
Dexterity: 9 (-1)
Constitution: 13 (+1)
Intelligence: 20 (+5)
Wisdom: 11 (0)
Charisma: 17 (+3)

Skills:
Bluff: 4
Concentration: 7
Diplomacy: 4
Knowledge (geography): 7
Knowledge (local): 7
Knowledge (nobility): 5
Spellcraft: 7

Feats:
-Toughness
-Spell Focus (conjuration)
-Augment Summoning

Spells, Equipment: Will finish tommorow.

I bought my Intelligence stat up to 18, added a bonus from Middle Aged, and then an attribute bonus. Is that against the rules?

Top Bottom