Language translations for leader sayings

Hm, could you post the corrected versions? Would be easier to compile that way. Saves me time (I'm not familiar with Japanese characters).

OK, here it is.

Oda Nobunaga
medieval and modern Japanese.
Attacked: You despicable fool, I'm going to beat the hell out of you! 情けない愚か者め、今から叩きのめしてやるぞ! Nasakenai orokamonome, ima kara tatakinomehorsehockye yaru zo.
DeclareWar: I hereby inform you of our intention to wipe out your great civilization from this world. 貴殿の偉大なる文明国をこの世から拭い去る我等が意向をご通知申し上げまする。 Kiden no idai naru bunmeikoku o kono yo kara nugui saru warera ga ikō o gotsūchi mōshiagemasuru.
Defeated: You were much wiser than I* thought. (余が認めた以上に遙かに賢明でござった) *I should be replaced by a word used by the nobility to address themselves. Yo ga mitometa ijō ni haruka ni kenmei de gozatta.
HateHearIt01: Let me hear it. 聞かせて頂こう。 Kikasete itadakou.
HateHearIt02: Go on. 先に進め。 (Very unpleasant tone) Saki ni susume.
HateHearIt03: Proceed. 進めよ。 (Very depressed tone) Susume yo.
HateHello: Oh, it's you [low-status]... ああ、そっちか・・・ Aa, sotchi ka.
HateNo01: We shall settle this another time. 何れまたの機会にでも。 Izure mata no kikai ni de mo.
HateNo02: Excuse me, but (I) beg your pardon? (More literally, "Excuse me, but can I ask you to tell me again?") 失礼だか、もう一度聞かせねがえるか? horsehockysurei da ga, mō ichido kikasenegaeru ka?
HateYes01: (I) agree. 賛同致します。 (This is more polite than NeutralYes02) Sandō itashimasu.
HateYes02: Ah, (that's) good. ああ、良かろう。 Maa, yokarou.
HateYes03: (There's) probably no other way. いたしかたあるまい。 Itashikata arumai.
Intro: We hope for a fair and just relationship with you, who are renowned for military bravery. 武勇の誉れ高き貴殿にご挨拶を申し上げたく、さらに公正かつ公平なる連携を心よりお願い申し上 げまする。 Buyū no homare takaki kiden ni goaisatsu o mōshiagetaku, sara ni kōsei katsu kōhei naru renkei o kokoro yori onegai mōshiagemasuru.
NeutralHearIt01: Go on. 先に進め。(Neat tone) Saki ni susume.
NeutralHearIt02: Proceed. 進めよ。(Polite tone) Susume yo.
NeutralHearIt03: I'm listening. ちゃんと聞いておる。 Chanto kiite oru.
NeutralHello: (slightly surprised) Hello. おお。Ō.
NeutralNo01: Sorry. すまぬ。 Sumanu.
NeutralNo02: Maybe another time. 何れまたの機会にでも。 (a little more polite than HateNo01) Izure mata no kikai ni de mo.
NeutralYes01: (that) should be fine. 良かろう。 Yokarou.
NeutralYes02: Agreed. 承知いたした。 Shōchi itahorsehockya.
NeutralYes03: Well done. 上出来だ。 Jōdeki da.
Peaceful: It was an honor to have the opportunity to fight you. 戦えもうして光栄でござった。 Tatakaemōhorsehockye kōei de gozatta.
Request: I would be grateful if you agreed on the following proposal. 以下の件についてご賛同頂ければ、誠にありがたく存じ上げまする。 Ika no ken ni tsuite gosandō itadakereba, makoto ni arigataku zonjiagemasuru.

I have trouble with DidoPeaceful, it's difficult to understand what she's saying both because of the problematic reconstruction of Phoenician/Punic phonology and because of the VA's accent.
Some guesses might be "You lied. You were after my gift without arousing suspicion. Your hatred is without any honour/dignity/glory" šqrt. šḥrt mtnty bwly ḥšd. bly kbd ʼth šnʼh" or even "You lied, you were intoxicated by/swallowed up my gifts, my fat produce... There is no glory in your hatred"

However, the only words that aren't ambiguous are "šqrt = you lied", "mtnty = my gift" and probably the phrase "bly kbd ʼth šnʼh = without glory/honour/dignity you hate"

I analyzed this abit... your guess is right, i think, at least it almost same as meaning i take from those roots:
שכרת - you lied
שחרת - percieved, took as ;
shrt mtnty - "you perceived (sought) (got meaning of) my gift (as) " - comes from root shr שחר - to get meaning, to percieve something as.
bwly - (i need to listen her again more, only thing i am unsure of)
hsd = חשד - suspicion

šqrt. šḥrt mtnty bwly ḥšd.
You lied, In my gift you saw (??????) suspicion.
or
You perceived my gift (as) (???) suspicion.
(the structure of English translation for this one depends on meaning of "bwly" which is still unclear)

bly kbd ʼth šnʼh
Without honor/respect (to it ?), you hate.
or
There is no honor in your hatred.

@Morningcalm Some minor corrections to Catherine's lines. The correction are in red, the lines in italics are for explanation only and don't need to be copied to the first post.

Spoiler :
DeclareWar: You've behaved yourself very badly, you know it. Now it's payback time. Ты очень плохо себя вёл, ты это знаешь. Настал час расплаты. Ty ochenʹ plokho sebya vël, ty eto znaeshʹ. Nastal chas rasplaty
Although it is allowed to use е instead of ё in regular texts, in texts intended for children and foreigners it is mandatory. The latter is the case here. ;)

Defeated: We were defeated, so this makes me your prisoner. I suppose there are worse fates. Мы были побеждены, так что я становлюсь твоей пленницей. Мне кажется, это не самый худший удел. My byli pobezhdeny, tak chto ya stanovlyusʹ tvoyeĭ plennitsyeĭ. Mne kazhet•sya, eto ne samyĭ khudshiĭ udel
There must be a comma after parenthesis кажется (a word or phrase inserted as an explanation or afterthought into a passage which is grammatically complete without it)

HateHearIt01: And? И? I?
Strange period removed and transliteration capitalized.

HateHello: What do you need? Что тебе нужно? Chto tebe nuzhno?
Equals sign removed.

HateNo01: Are you joking!? Ты шутишь!? Ty shutishʹ!?
Exclamation mark just begs to be put here. :)

HateNo02: I beg your pardon!? Прошу прощения!? Proshu proshcheniya!?
I think this translation will be better, since she isn't exactly apologizing, but being indignant at you. Elizabeth says this line in her NeutralNoLayer line.

HateNo03: This is unacceptable. Это неприемлемо. Eto nepriemlemo
The negative particle не is written together with adjectives in most of occasions. Altered the translation too, to be more precise (again, Elizabeth uses this line)

HateYes02: I think… I shall agree. Пожалуй, я… соглашусь. Pozhaluĭ, ya… soglashusʹ
Comma is needed for the same reason as in Defeated line and ellipsis just begs to be put there, since she is making a pause as if she is not sure. Altered the translation a bit too.

Intro: I greet you, stranger! If you are as intelligent and tactful as you are attractive, we'll get along just fine. Приветствую тебя, незнакомец! Если твой ум и такт сравнимы с твоей привлекательностью – мы замечательно поладим. Privet•stvuyu tebya, neznakomets! Yesli tvoĭ um i takt sravnimy s tvoyeĭ privlekatelʹnostʹyu – my zamechatelʹno poladim
A dash is more appropriate here than a comma.

NeutralHearIt01: Go on. Продолжай. (Polite tone). Prodolzhaĭ
NeutralHearIt02: Speak. Говори. Govori
Strange periods removed and replaced with normal ones.

NeutralHello: Hello! Здравствуй! Zdravstvuĭ!
Exclamation mark just needs to be put here. :)

NeutralNo01: Ha! Of course not! Ха! Разумеется, нет. Kha! Razumyeet•sya, net
NeutralNo03: Certainly not. Конечно, нет. Konechno, net
Same reason as in as Defeated and HateYes02

Peaceful: Now it's the time to enjoy the fruits of peace. Теперь пора насладиться плодами мира. Teperʹ pora nasladitʹsya plodami mira
I think this sounds better in English, but I guess it would be better if a native English speaker with a good conduct of language corrected the translations.

Overall correction: Sentences in Latin alphabet lack periods at the end.

Some notes:
Two times (Defeated and NeutralNo02) Catherine uses plural first person pronoun "мы" (we) instead of singular "я" (I). She might be using it as in "We, the Russians" or as majestic plural ("By the grace of God we, Nicolas II, Emperor and Autocrat of all the Russias, King of Poland, Grand Duke of Finland, etc. ..."). In modern Russian quoting someone in majestic plural is sometimes used to mock his/her arrogance.

For me, a native speaker, her pronunciation sounds like Elizabeth's English - too perfect and stylistic. Oh, and her request line after some time starts to annoy as much as Elizabeth's. :) That's probably because both voice actresses are professional language instructors. :) Although I should admit that if the lines that Catherine speaks would be a bit archaic-stylized (pre-Soviet Imperial period Russian, found in works of classical literature by, for example, Tolstoy or Dostoyevsky) she may have sounded as you would expect an educated noblewoman sound.

For me, a native speaker, her pronunciation sounds like Elizabeth's English - too perfect and stylistic. Oh, and her request line after some time starts to annoy as much as Elizabeth's. :) That's probably because both voice actresses are professional language instructors. :) Although I should admit that if the lines that Catherine speaks would be a bit archaic-stylized (pre-Soviet Imperial period Russian, found in works of classical literature by, for example, Tolstoy or Dostoyevsky) she may have sounded as you would expect an educated noblewoman sound.

I agree. She sounds very modern, and it would have been better if her Russian would be more royal and archaic, like you hear in Russian movies that take place in the "Golden Age". She also sounds very Russian, although in reality she was German.

@Morningcalm Thanks for the corrections. I know I'm being too picky bit I missed a couple of things:

Defeated: Мы были побеждены, так что я становлюсь твоей пленницей. Мне кажется, это не самый худший удел.
Each sentence has a comma, the first one because it's a compound sentence, the second one because of parenthesis.

HateNo02:
I beg your pardon?! Прошу прощения?! Proshu proshcheniya?!
Checked with the rulebooks, question mark should go first.

Just curious, does Theodora change her Attacked Phrase, just that one word, φίλε, whether you play as a male or female leader?

Got inspired by this thread to contribute a first post. :king: I'm not a member of the Swedish royalty though, just a Finnish peasant. A real Swede may wish to double-check some of the translations, especially the correct spellings for some interjections like "bjööö" or "håå" ;).

3. GustavusAdolphusDefeated: I am the King of Sweden. You can take my lands, my people, my kingdom, but you will never reach the House of Vasa. (Jag är Sveriges konung. Ni kan ta min mark, mitt folk, mitt rike, men ni kommer aldrig åt Vasaätten.)

10. GustavusAdophusHateNo03: What did you say? (Hur sa?)

21. GustavusAdophusNeutralNo03: We, uh, must decline. (Vi, eh, måste avböja.)
Born and bred swede. You got almost everything perfectly, the only things I felt needed corrections were the ones I bolded and left quoted (the "bjööö" got me laughing, to be honest :p Guess it's easier for me as a native to hear what he said there). All the rest of the english parts were perfect as they were, and I don't think it would be that necessary to fix the rare few grammar mistakes in the swedish parts.

The "Håå" isn't very modern, but since it's kindof like an angry "oh", I suppose there's no right or wrong spelling for it. An audible sigh, pretty much.

Did anyone try to transcribe Ghengis Khan's Lines? I think I may have one of them (I don't have access to a cyrillic script thing right now):

GhengisKhanPeaceful: Bi chamak, takh tun iche - I Have underestimated you.

Anyone know where I could find grammar sites and stuff for Mongolian?

I finally had an opportunity to play G&K, and when I played against Dido I noticed that the devs really messed up her lines.... She says "tam" (perfect) as a greeting, and she agrees to a trade proposal by saying "bal" (no)...
Obviously, most people won't notice this, but for me it's kind of funny... Just imagine Elizabeth/Washington greeting you with "Certainly!/Very Well!" and agreeing to your every proposal with "No!/Certainly Not!"

I finally had an opportunity to play G&K, and when I played against Dido I noticed that the devs really messed up her lines.... She says "tam" (perfect) as a greeting, and she agrees to a trade proposal by saying "bal" (no)...
Obviously, most people won't notice this, but for me it's kind of funny... Just imagine Elizabeth/Washington greeting you with "Certainly!/Very Well!" and agreeing to your every proposal with "No!/Certainly Not!"
You should probably write about it on the official forum, so the devs could fix it in a patch.

I was checking civilization.wikia.com.
I've found some new translations:

Washington

Spoiler :
Intro: The people of the United States of America welcome you.

Attacked: You have mistaken our love of peace for weakness. You shall regret this!

Declares War: Your wanton aggression leaves us no choice. Prepare for war!

Defeated: The day...is yours. I trust you will be merciful in your triumph.

Demand: You would be well advised to give us what we want. (never used in-game)

Excellent: Excellent!

Gloat: I trust that you have learned that the United States are not to be trifled with. (never used in-game)

Hate Let's Hear It: Go on.

Hate Let's Hear It 02: You were saying?

Hate Hello: Well?

Hate No: Certainly not.

Hate No 02: We decline!

Hate No 03: You cannot be serious.

Hate Yes: I suppose I must.

Hate Yes 02: Agreed.

Hate Yes 03: Oh, very well.

Hate Yes 04: Alright.

Neutral Hear It: Proceed!

Neutral Hear It 02: Go ahead.

Neutral Hear It 03: I'm listening.

Neutral Hello: Good day.

Neutral Hello 02: I trust you are a friend to liberty.

Neutral No: No.

Neutral No 02: Of course not!

Neutral Yes: Very well.

Neutral Yes 02: Alright.

Neutral Yes 03: Certainly!

Peaceful: We welcome peace with your great nation. I pray that no future misunderstanding will come between our two peoples.

Request: Is the following trade of interest to you?

Montezuma

Spoiler :
Intro: I am Moctezuma, emperor of the Aztecs... (Nicuani Moctezuma, Imperator de los Aztecas,...) [It should have been: "Nicuani Motecuhzoma, Uey Tlatoani (of the) Mexica...." in Nahuatl derivations with less Spanish] possible ending with who dares to enter my august presence or what manner of creature are you. Less likely is "What do I see before me? Another beating heart for my sacrificial fire"

Neutral Hear it 01: Go ahead.

Neutral Hear it 02: Proceed.

Neutral Hear it 03: I'm listening.

Neutral hello: Welcome, friend.

Hate Hello: What do you want?

Hate Hear it 03: Go on.

Hate Yes 01: Oh, very well.

Hate Yes 02: I suppose I must.

Hate Yes 03: Excellent.

Hate no 01: Certainly not. ("Certainly" is likely "mil agua" which is used in NeutralYes01)

Hate No 02: Are you crazy?

Hate No 03: I would rather pierce my bowels with hot skewers!

Attacked: Excellent! Let the blood flow in raging torrents! (The first word in the sound file is the same as several HateYes and NeutralYes answers)

Declares War: Die, die, die! (Shimikacan! Shimikacan! Shimikacan!)

Request: Accept this agreement or suffer the consequences" OR "Here are my terms. It would be an unfriendly gesture to refuse them.

Defeated: (Shocked) Monster! Who are you to destroy my greatness? (Mohc-xi-cuali! Ahcincimo mo qui tia....)

Peaceful: Curses! I will sacrifice ten thousand citizens to expiate this humiliation!

Elizabeth

Spoiler :
Intro: We are pleased to meet you.

Attacked: We shall never surrender.

Declares War: By the grace of God, your days are numbered.

Defeated: You have triumphed over us. The day is yours.

Hate Hello: Oh, it's you!

Hate Let's Hear It: I'm listening.

Hate Let's Hear It 02: You were saying?

Hate Yes: Oh, very well!

Hate Yes 02: I suppose I must!

Hate No: You cannot be serious.

Hate No 02: Of course not!

Neutral Hear It: Go on.

Neutral Hear It 02: Go ahead.

Neutral Hello: Hello, again.

Neutral No: I beg your pardon?

Neutral No 02: That's unacceptable!

Neutral Yes: Certainly!

Neutral Yes 02: Very well!

Peaceful: Well then, that's settled.

Request: Would you be interested in a trade agreement with England?

Alexander

Spoiler :
Neutral Hello: Greetings.

Neutral Yes 01: Certainly.

Neutral No 01: Certainly not.

Neutral No 02: We decline.

Neutral No 03: I beg your pardon?

Hate Let's Hear it 03: Go ahead.

Hate Yes 03: All right.

Hate No 02: That's unacceptable.

Peaceful: I must congratulate you on your remarkable victory.

Request: My friend, does this seem reasonable to you?

Hiawatha

Spoiler :
Intro: Greetings, Stranger. I am Hiawatha, speaker for the Iroquois. We seek peace with all but we do not shrink from war.

Neutral Hear it 01: Yes?

Neutral Hear it 02: I'm listening.

Neutral Yes 01: Very well.

Neutral No 01: No.

Neutral No 02: Certainly not.

Hate Hear it 01: Speak.

Hate Hear it 02: I'm listening, (better slow tone, same as NeutralHearIt02)

Hate Hear it 03: Oh, it's you. (actually the greeting when he is angry)

Hate Yes 01: Very well (better pissed tone, same as NeutralYes01).

Hate No 01: You cannot be serious!

Request: Does this trade work for you, my friend?

Askia

Spoiler :
Intro: I am Askia of the Songhai. We are a fair people - but those who cross us will find only destruction. You would do well to avoid repeating the mistakes others have made in the past.

Hear it 01: Yes?

Hear it 02: Proceed.

Neutral Yes 02: Yes! (Ah'hoh!)

Neutral No 02: Of course not.

Hate Hello: Oh, it's you.

Hate Hear It 01: And?

Hate Hear it 02: Continue! (Sobay!)

Hate Yes 02: All right.

Hate No 01: That's unacceptable.

Hate No 02: You cannot be serious!

Hate No 03: We decline.

Attacked: Fool. You have doomed your people to fire and destruction OR Wretched scoundrel! You shall pay for this!

Attacked Option 1: You will burn for this, I swear it!

Declares War: Villain! You are an abomination to heaven and earth. You shall be destroyed! or You are ignorant savages. You must be destroyed.

Nebuchadnezzar II

Spoiler :
Neutral hello: Greetings.

Neutral No 01: Lah!-No!

Hate hello: Welcome (ignore the screaming).

Hate no 01: Lah! (No!)

Defeated: It is over. Perhaps now I shall have peace, at last.

Request: It appears that you do have a reason for existing – to make this deal with me.

Pachacuti

Spoiler :
Hate Yes 01: Very well.

Hate Yes 02: Oh, very well.

Hate No 01: Of course not.

Hate No 02: You cannot be serious!

Hate No 03: That's unacceptable.

Peaceful: You have done surprisingly well.

Maria Theresa

Spoiler :
Peaceful: I see you admire my new damask. Nobody should say that I am an unjust woman. Let's reach an agreement. (Ich sehe, Ihr bewundert meinen neuen Damast. Soll keiner sagen, ich sei eine ungerechte Frau. Treffen wir ein Abkommen!)

Thanks ales, though some of them (Washington and Elizabeth especially) are already there. I wonder where they got Pachacuti and Askia's lines from....did they just delve into the XML? I notice no Defeat or Declare War translations are available for them, for example.

I would be super grateful if someone could give me a transliteration of Harun Al Rashid's speech, particularly what he says when you declare war on him. Not a translation--I want to know what he's saying in Arabic, but in English phonetics.

:)

Yeah, sorry, I've been busy with school. Updated as of now though. Notify me if anything is missing.

Missing:

Montezuma

Spoiler :
Intro: I am Moctezuma, emperor of the Aztecs... (Nicuani Moctezuma, Imperator de los Aztecas,...) [It should have been: "Nicuani Motecuhzoma, Uey Tlatoani (of the) Mexica...." in Nahuatl derivations with less Spanish] possible ending with who dares to enter my august presence or what manner of creature are you. Less likely is "What do I see before me? Another beating heart for my sacrificial fire"

Neutral Hear it 01: Go ahead.

Neutral Hear it 02: Proceed.

Neutral Hear it 03: I'm listening.

Neutral hello: Welcome, friend.

Hate Hello: What do you want?

Hate Hear it 03: Go on.

Hate Yes 03: Excellent.

Alexander

Spoiler :

Neutral Yes 01: Certainly.

Neutral No 01: Certainly not.

Neutral No 02: We decline.

Neutral No 03: I beg your pardon?

Hate Let's Hear it 03: Go ahead.

Hate Yes 03: All right.

Peaceful: I must congratulate you on your remarkable victory.

Request: My friend, does this seem reasonable to you?

Hiawatha

Spoiler :
Intro: Greetings, Stranger. I am Hiawatha, speaker for the Iroquois. We seek peace with all but we do not shrink from war.

Neutral Hear it 01: Yes?

Neutral Hear it 02: I'm listening.

Neutral No 02: Certainly not.

Hate Hear it 01: Speak.

Hate Hear it 02: I'm listening, (better slow tone, same as NeutralHearIt02)

Hate Hear it 03: Oh, it's you. (actually the greeting when he is angry)

Hate Yes 01: Very well (better pissed tone, same as NeutralYes01).

Hate No 01: You cannot be serious!

Request: Does this trade work for you, my friend?

Top Bottom