Offensive Drafting

Charles555nc

Prince
Im currently playing kmod, but the AI still seems to never draft. I was wondering how the debate over offensive drafting turned out (I read a whole thread from 2009 I believe).

My thoughts:

I think a good way to balance things would be drafting relative to the strongest world power+ his vassals, and then divided by some factor for their distance away.

Thus, if you are next door to a monster strong ai/human...the other ais could draft at a high frequency. And if the ai is seeking a conquest/domination victory, you could draft up to 125% of the other highest military power, limited by happiness factors.

And if the human drafts a massive army, the ai would then be more likely to respond with their own drafting off of this equation.

And of course the mandatory decision between production and drafting should be there...so basically from nationalism (nationhood) up until assembly line (factories) would be prime drafting time for most games, and tough decisions around chemistry's workshop production increase.

These factors might include difficulty more easily, because relatively lower sized armies at lower difficulties = less drafting over all. But of course you could exclude certain difficulty levels all together.

Any news over this issue? I'd love to mod my version of kmod to include offensive drafting for the ai.

Previous discussion thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326065

Top Bottom