Sargon's Civs

I liked the Civ, but not only are the colors of the civ icon inverted in relation to the borders colors and unit icons, but they don't even match. Plus the civ icon is not round but flattened in several instances.

Update Time!

-Vijayanagar will see an overhaul this weekend. It will have a new Unique Power, good text, and just looking and playing much better. I've wanted to release them for weeks, but I kept redesigning the UP. It is done through, and will be out this weekend.

-Bosporus is in the pipe, and I have done a bit of work on it, but it is on the backburner due to what is down below:

Spoiler :

Hoop Thrower and SargontheGreat2's Natives of Chile:

Diaguita
Leader: Calchaquí
UA: Descentralized Coalition: Trade routes between your own cities generate gold and don’t have prerequisites to start trading food and production.
UU: Ceramic Thrower: Replaces Composite Bowman. Costs less production and has a combat bonus against cities.
UB: Subterranean Storage: Replaces Granary. Doesn’t provide more food from bonus resources, instead providing +1 food for each desert tile worked by the city.

Chinchorro:
Leader: Quiani
UA: Mummification: Earn 1 Faith whenever one of your units is killed. Earn 100 Faith whenever a Great Person is expended.
UU: Estolica: Replaces warrior. Slightly weaker attack, but is ranged.
UU: Diver. Unlocked at Sailing. Can be expended to remove a Sea Resource, which instantly increases the population of the city by 1. Unlike the Workboat it replaces.

Aónikenk:
Leader: Yatel
UA: Patagonian Giants: Earn a lump of Gold when meeting other civilizations. +1 Culture Every time a Foreign Caravan or Cargo Ship passes through their territory.
UU: Bola Rider: Has a ranged attack, unlike the Horseman it replaces.
UI: Aike: Can only be built on Plains or Tundra with Furs, Horses, Deer or Cattle. Aside from Connecting these resources to your civilization, the Aike provides extra protection to units stationed in it and increases their healing rate.

Selk’nam:
Leader: K’aux
UA: Haruwen: Earn double benefit from resources as long as cities are not connected.
UB: Kloketen: +2 Faith. 25% more production towards Great Prophets, unlike the Temple it replaces.
UU: Shoort: Replaces Inquisitor. Aside from the regular abilities of the Inquisitor, the Shoort can be expended to grant a unit in the same tile the “Initiated” promotion, which makes it earn extra experience in combat.

Yes, I will be programming these, as these were amazing ideas. And before I have any complaints of stealing, I have Hoop Thrower's permission in this endeavor. These are going to turn out great!

Awesome. I am hype for these civs!

Update Time!

-Vijayanagar will see an overhaul this weekend. It will have a new Unique Power, good text, and just looking and playing much better. I've wanted to release them for weeks, but I kept redesigning the UP. It is done through, and will be out this weekend.

-Bosporus is in the pipe, and I have done a bit of work on it, but it is on the backburner due to what is down below:

Spoiler :

Hoop Thrower and SargontheGreat2's Natives of Chile:

Diaguita
Leader: Calchaquí
UA: Descentralized Coalition: Trade routes between your own cities generate gold and don’t have prerequisites to start trading food and production.
UU: Ceramic Thrower: Replaces Composite Bowman. Costs less production and has a combat bonus against cities.
UB: Subterranean Storage: Replaces Granary. Doesn’t provide more food from bonus resources, instead providing +1 food for each desert tile worked by the city.

Chinchorro:
Leader: Quiani
UA: Mummification: Earn 1 Faith whenever one of your units is killed. Earn 100 Faith whenever a Great Person is expended.
UU: Estolica: Replaces warrior. Slightly weaker attack, but is ranged.
UU: Diver. Unlocked at Sailing. Can be expended to remove a Sea Resource, which instantly increases the population of the city by 1. Unlike the Workboat it replaces.

Aónikenk:
Leader: Yatel
UA: Patagonian Giants: Earn a lump of Gold when meeting other civilizations. +1 Culture Every time a Foreign Caravan or Cargo Ship passes through their territory.
UU: Bola Rider: Has a ranged attack, unlike the Horseman it replaces.
UI: Aike: Can only be built on Plains or Tundra with Furs, Horses, Deer or Cattle. Aside from Connecting these resources to your civilization, the Aike provides extra protection to units stationed in it and increases their healing rate.

Selk’nam:
Leader: K’aux
UA: Haruwen: Earn double benefit from resources as long as cities are not connected.
UB: Kloketen: +2 Faith. 25% more production towards Great Prophets, unlike the Temple it replaces.
UU: Shoort: Replaces Inquisitor. Aside from the regular abilities of the Inquisitor, the Shoort can be expended to grant a unit in the same tile the “Initiated” promotion, which makes it earn extra experience in combat.

Yes, I will be programming these, as these were amazing ideas. And before I have any complaints of stealing, I have Hoop Thrower's permission in this endeavor. These are going to turn out great!
The Diver UU for the Chinchorro would never be worth it. All sea resources with workboats and a lighthouse make at least 3 food so that extra citizen comes along quick anyway. Getting a citizen a coupe turns earlier would practically never be worth it.

It should come back at some point, ala the Sami's Herding ability.

Oh yeah... not that I had complained if you started doing these civs without my permission.

As for the Aonikenk, I'd been doing some more research since then. I suggest changing the name of the civ to Tehuelche (so it encompasses a larger amount of peoples while having roughly the same flavour.)

I also found the bio of an important historical leader for them that'd probably make things easier, no 3D models, but I've got drawings and such...

I may or may not be able to get better reference pictures.

I'd worry more about the Aike model, personally.

Man, I get surprised when I see civs I've never heard of before. Well done. I'm looking into seeing these folks in game.

Those look cool, not exactly what I imagined, (except the Chinchorro, which was pretty much a given), but cool nonetheless. I still think though that the Diaguita could be slightly more detailed.

Hope it's not much of a bother the double posting (or the pseudo-necroing)

I want to give some pointers, dunno if work on the Tehuelche Leaderscene has started, but in case it hasn't:

Sayhueque's most famous image is like this:

Though Reading some more info about him reveals that in truth he was forced to pose for this image, dressed in a Western style once his lands were, err, taken and mostly shown as a curiosity, a "savage" having been civilized by the people of Argentina.

In all truth, if he were to appear like the leader he is and not humilliated he'd look more like this:

Or more accurately this:

Sorry for the poor Black and White reference image, I'm not yet with my computer where I have all the good reference image stuff.

As for the Background, he was King of Apple country, so an Apple plantation would kinda make sense, the biggest feature of his territory however was lake Nahuel Huapi, this one:

Which, I believe, would make for a real nice leaderscene. :)

If you really need a building, odds are he lived in a Ruca like this:

Big Aike Picture just in case.

That's all. hope things are going good around here! :)

Top Bottom