Team Colors

Which Team Color Do You Prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyc

Looking for the door...
Our team colors were brought up in a discussion this week. We have two poosible options for Celtic Green. One is the darker (default) and one is the lighter (alternate). Which do you prefer? Please choose one of these options, OR if you'd rather it be a random selection, choose the random option.

Yup. We can be burnt orange if we really wanted to be. :mischief:

We can choose which green is 1st, then? As long as we don't randomly get another team with those green colors as an opponent.
Or does the player always get first choice?

We can put dark green as both choices. We can put light green as both choices. We can put any combination of colors in either slot. I was just wondering what the population's preference was with the two normal colors available to us. I think we should just leave this alone and see which green we get. I really like the dark green the most, but when the light green does show up, it's kinda nice. This is not a major issue.

iirc, the alternate color is used only if we edit the .biq to have 2 or more civs to have the same color.

for example, say we set our color as dark green (default) and leave the limey green in there as our alternate. then we set, say, Germany to have dark green as their default color and lime as their alternate. once the game is initialized, the civ-engine will come across the first civ to have these colors set - dark green default/lime green alternate (whichever civ is first in terms of the actual player order - e.g. a hypothetical: we're player no. 1 and Germany is, say, no 5 [just grabbing a number - but one after us]). this first civ - i.e. us - will get the dark green and germany would get the lime simply b/c we are ahead of them in the player order.

this all sounds mighty confusing :crazyeye: i know :p but that is how the game engine decides who gets what colors...based on the settings in the editor. again, i'd be happy to change any of these settings (takes seconds) if it is so desired...but honestly, i'd be happy w/ the default settings.

Top Bottom