ViSa v3 Multi-Player Bug Report

TAfirehawk

WoC Team Manager
Please list any and all issues/problems/bug reports directly related to Multi-Player games here.

The game is bound to desync after a random number of turns and I have no idea how to fix it, how do you fix it.

Our Computers:

Comp1:

2 GB 1000mhz ram
Duo core processor
ATI X1950 video card
WinXP Pro

Duo Core
1 GB fast ram
ATI x1600
WinXP Home(?)

P4 3 ghz
2 GB 400 mhz
ATI X850XT
Win Vista Buisness (it works just fine)

When the OOS desync happens my client games numbers appear to be different from the other 2 machines and reloading the save does not work it desyncs either on the same turn or the one after if the host ends the turn and then saves, it still desyncs.

Is it possible for Vista to cause the desyncing? And now bashing Vista anwsers please only anwser that last question if you 100% know and not whether you like Vista or not.

I think you might be able to circumvent the OOS error by going back 1 extra save.

On a side note, when we load our MP games, it crashes on 1 computer a couple times before it finally loads, but it seems to work after that. Little to put up with for such a great mod. cheers!

Basically we don't MP on the team but do what we can to make it work, sorry.

I have tested loading MP with the NCSaver and it works just fine....but I haven't played for very many turns.

In Patch v3.10 coming soon, we have disabled the NCSaver, but get OOS on loading.....so still not where we want it, but quite frankly we have to get all the bugs out before MP can be looked at since a regular game bug could be causing this on our latest SVN Rev.

Our MP Lan game is in 2020, started at ancient, not sure how many turns that is offhand but it's been a lot and it still runs smooth. 3 guys including 1 with vista on a huge map. I swich to XP compatibility for civ and seem to have no problems other than a memory allocation error after several hours of play. Reloading the save seems to take care of that so we just figure its memory leak or the cache filling up or whatever. Keep up the good work guys!!!

We are trying to make it better always of course....and glad to hear some MP success out there :)

wow...its even great tp hear that mp works for somebody....

but....im an mp fan also...so ill bet that in some point we will have time to test and clean the bugs for mp.
first we have to clean the single game.
everyday we get more and more (well its more my other team mates...im on strike :) )

Started a multiplayer game with a friend using V3.10 no matter who I select I get a pop up box asking me to select which leader I would like to inprove diplomatic relations with, several times in a turn. My friend hosted the game and I joined, I do not understand this error, think it may have something to do with the great statesmen MOD. Any help would be appreciated.

i am not having this anymore
i had it when i played 3.00
but not anymore.
did you post it on the bug tracker?
that would be the place to tell them about it
and the fastes way to resolve the problem ^.^

Started a multiplayer game with a friend using V3.10 no matter who I select I get a pop up box asking me to select which leader I would like to inprove diplomatic relations with, several times in a turn. My friend hosted the game and I joined, I do not understand this error, think it may have something to do with the great statesmen MOD. Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have blue marble installed? I did also and got the popups, TA did not and didnt get those popups.

i have blue marble installed.
perhaps it has something to do with the conditions you are playing with?
please post here what you and youre friend set up for the game i will compere it with what i have and see if we are able to find the problem

Yes I have blue marble, I have not tried it without yet, but will have to try it. My games was on a standard map with 19 players total, archipelago, conquest, time and domination victories enabled, rampaging barbarians and no tech trading.

@WGW ru playing MP?

only when i can confince my friend that there is not anything more fun in the world then let me pwn him with visa ^.^

i have found a little problem
i play hot seat with a friend
and we encounterd that when it was his turn and he wanted to see his tech tree by using the F# (dont know wich number) he sees my tech tree and not his :confused:
it didnt happend with Visa 3.0 only at 3.1
has somebody ells encounterd this to?

i have found a little problem
i play hot seat with a friend
and we encounterd that when it was his turn and he wanted to see his tech tree by using the F# (dont know wich number) he sees my tech tree and not his :confused:
it didnt happend with Visa 3.0 only at 3.1
has somebody ells encounterd this to?

WGW thats a weird bug and we dont really have a answer for you as we dont play mp much. Please post it to the bug tracker as i know that getiing MP working is going to become a priority soon.

Wow, my friend couldn't even play this mod becaue of this problem. No matter how many times we tried to start from ancient, he got these popups. Neither of us had blue marble installed. I didn't get the popups.

Bigben34

MP is really hit or miss, sorry folks. We had an OOS problem on loading saves in MP.....

We do the best we can to support everybody, but remember we don't get paid like Firaxis for this either.....and we have put 1000's of man hours into this expansion pack.

Top Bottom