Zulu Empire (Zulu Fighting Zeal)

Scaramanga

Brickhead
I'm putting the final touches on a Zulu civilization mod.

The lowdown:
Spoiler :

Zulu Empire

Shaka Zulu - Zulu Fighting Zeal (+20% bonus against ranged attacks. -15% experience required for promotions)

Unique unit: Impi. Replaces Spearman. +1 move. +20% against Warriors. -50% against Mounted units.

Unique building: Royal Kraal. Replaces Stable. +2 gold on cow.

If someone could please help me figure out why the Impi graphics (made by Deliverator) aren't working I'd be VERY grateful :).

Attachments

• Zulu Empire (v 1).rar
    2.3 MB · Views: 385
No comments? Are people more interested in fictional nations like Rohan :)? Feel free to critique any elements of my Zulu clan; I put some effort into making it look half decent. I found it difficult to get a map with dimensions of Shaka's empire and the territory I found looked pathetically small. This is my first civ (or any kind of mod) so I'm seeing how it goes and I may make more.

No comments? Are people more interested in fictional nations like Rohan :)? Feel free to critique any elements of my Zulu clan; I put some effort into making it look half decent. I found it difficult to get a map with dimensions of Shaka's empire and the territory I found looked pathetically small. This is my first civ (or any kind of mod) so I'm seeing how it goes and I may make more.

I'll ignore the snide comments about my own creation...

This looks like a very good mod, well designed!

new art for zulu

Attachments

• DOM_Zulu.jpg
    DOM_Zulu.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 235
  • MapZulu.jpg
    MapZulu.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 609
  • zulu.rar
    571.7 KB · Views: 138
  • zulu2.rar
    51.9 KB · Views: 124
  • ZuluIconAtlas45.gif
    ZuluIconAtlas45.gif
    55.6 KB · Views: 317
If someone could please help me figure out why the Impi graphics (made by Deliverator) aren't working I'd be VERY grateful :).

The entries you have in civ5artdefines_unitmembers_Zulu.xml and civ5artdefines_units_Zulu.xml have to be added to the end of the full civ5artdefines_unitmembers.xml and civ5artdefines_units.xml, respectively.

Note that because CiV requires you include these files (with your changes) in their entirety, you will need to merge the entries from any other unit mod you'd like to use at the same time into those files. Both R.E.D. modpack and my mod include references to the Impi model, so if either of those mods are loaded after yours, it should work fine as is.

I think the introduction section is a bit too short. If you can add more to that section it should have some parity with regular civ's.

Hello imaplayer !

I've tried to use your mod, but it always crashed the game.
I could select the zulu civ for a new game. I see the screen presenting the civ but when the game should begin, I have a crash of Civ V, and the return on windows.
I've trued many times, with several configurations : with and without other mod. For always the same result.
Playing with GtK (french language).

If you have any idea, because your mod seems great...

Thanks.

OK, sorry for the previous message.
I've deleted the files and then download the mod again. It works fine now.
Don't know what's happen the first time.

Very nice mod ! :thumbsup:

Hey all. I've taken to reading "Washing of the Spears" by Donald Morris and hope to have some changes soon!

Top Bottom