Expansion pack announced - Civilization V: Gods & Kings

From gamespot: "This expansion is targeted for a late spring release this year in stores or through Steam for $29.99."

and units have 100 health instead of 10 (of course not necessarily mean that they will last (10x) longer just that you have a finer scale)

My main hope for the ex-pack was additional leaders to existing civilizations. One per civ is just not enough. It seems it wont be fulfilled :(

Im with you on that one. I have always felt that civs in CiV lacks personality and that they are all the same in too many ways. (just as irrational and unreliable, the feeling that all the ais in fact are one ai against you etc). More leaders for each civ would force a total remake of the the abilities each civ have today. And i think that would be good.

BTW, Its quite awesome to have leaders that lives for thousands of years. But that kind of weirdness is perhaps something we have to live with in civ games, for the sake of simplicity...:)

So, we know 5 out of 9 new civs. Maya, Holland, Celts, Byzantine, Carthage. Lets guess the rest. My bet is - Zulu, Jews, Tibet and some new European civ.

This looks really good.

I have since the last major patch felt like Civ 5 vanilla is almost there.

Improving diplomacy and adding more depth will make this game great in my opinion.

Sorting out the combat and diplomatic AI is a priority however.

I would also like to see CSs be a bit more complex other than just being bought off with gold (instead of those quests maybe open an embassy with them, build a road, convert to your religion etc to improve relationship - make them more of a small civ).

Also a better UN and diplo victory will be nice.

I look forward to hearing more about this expansion!

Carthage? Where did you get that from? :)

Joystiq says - The expansion includes 27 new units, 13 new buildings and nine new Wonders. There's also nine new civilizations, including Carthage, the Netherlands and the Celts. Along with two new types of city-states: mercantile and religious.

Also, someone here already mentioned another source.

The thing I'd like to know is how religion foundation works. Do you choose which religion after a predetermined number of turns/amount of faith reached), or can only certain civs found religions?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I love Civ5 Multiplayer and I can't help but being massively excited about this.

Religious city-states? That sounds familiar... :mischief::lol:

The German article mentioned Carthage.
Ah, yes, I see now. Carthage is great.

It also fits well with the 'fall of rome'-scenario. (well, in a 'Rome'-scenario ;) )
Along with the Celts and maybe even Byzantium.

The other two scenarios are 'explore the medieval era scenario' and a 'futuristic victorian scenario'.

A purely hypothetical guess could be that one of the unknown civs could be a medieval civ. Byzantium would also fit in here as well.
Maybe something like the HRE (although I've always found that debatable as a civ, the Carolingian Empire with Charlemagne would be a better idea).
Poland(-Lithuania), Hungary, Austria or Bulgaria might fit in well here too.
But all of this is just pure speculation.

I wonder if civs with the same policy-tree will huddle together. A bit like Civ4 religion 'coalitions'. Freedom cvis vs autocracy civs, stuff like that.

That's what it looks like to me - and I think it will be sooo much better than "they think we are trying to win the game in a similar manner and they don't like it!"

Have you noticed that William's surroundings are straight from Vermeer's The Geographer/The Astronomer paintings? Without the closet and some other details, but the similarities are obvious. :cool: I like it!

Spoiler :

All I have to say is "WooHOO!!!!!" :D

-Mark

Great news. It looks promising.

1 screenshot showed a Machine Gun with 60 defense and 60 ranged attack, isn't it overpowered? Maybe only a 1 range unit? Or penalty against airplanes/tanks/ranged units?
Aslo a missed opportunity for Holland; no polders terrraformed from the sea; the swamp thing is probably a little bit easier for the devs.

From gamespot: "This expansion is targeted for a late spring release this year in stores or through Steam for $29.99."

and units have 100 health instead of 10 (of course not necessarily mean that they will last (10x) longer just that you have a finer scale)

Just a finer scale would not be logical, because it would not bring something different. I think it will be used to have units last a bit longer, as 1 source stated.

Aslo a missed opportunity for Holland; no polders terrraformed from the sea; the swamp thing is probably a little bit easier for the devs.
Yeah, I'm disappointed by that too. Although we can always hope there will be a new swampy coast tile (not the marshes). But I doubt that'll be the case.

Top Bottom