Tomatekh's New Civilizations

The Sioux actually only have an average war and hostile rating. Left on their own they're more set to neutral and guarded than anything else. However, they have a very high expansion rating, so they're going to settle the map like crazy (which generally tends to make strong AIs) and also get pissed off at anyone "encroaching on their land" (and vice-versa) which is what's leading to the wars. I haven't decided if I'm going to change these settings yet. I might lower some settings just to counterbalance how much their expansion rating skews things.

If I could vote, I would prefer them toned down a little bit. I want to ally with them! :)
Either way, they look fantastic. Great job!

I'm not sure how accurate to their source people would be though. The Sioux were fairly combative.

oh, and any idea where all their prophets came from? It was like Shaka's impis...just a swarm of GPs flooding Belgium. I declared war and stole them all....

No real idea about the prophets. Besides one decision that can give them a small lump of faith in the early game, they get no advantages in the religion department. Sitting Bull has a slightly above average Religion flavor (6), but it's not as high as a lot of the non-modded religious leaders. I can only guess he settled/conquered his continent and had no one to use the units on so they built up.

I'm not sure how accurate to their source people would be though. The Sioux were fairly combative.

True, but I don't really want him acting Shaka level aggressive.

True, but I don't really want him acting Shaka level aggressive.

That's legit, I was just responding to cairnsy44's request to have the Sioux toned down.

Granted, I only have a 2 game sample with the Sioux, but in the most recent game, they are on par with Shaka. Big time warmonger. Game one was less so and probably more along what was intended. That most recent game is what I am going on when I wish he was toned down. I can definitely say he has made the game more interesting. The world is against him and he owns nearly all of the Eastern Continent. Thankfully, I am on the Western one and all chummy with my neighbors...

I should really study these flavor settings for these civs, because I have civs I want to be aggressive and conquest-minded like Shaka, but they tend to fail...

I should really study these flavor settings for these civs, because I have civs I want to be aggressive and conquest-minded like Shaka, but they tend to fail...

I really think its mostly the expansion rating (which Shaka has 11 by the way). They piss everyone off by settling next to their cities, and they get pissed off because everyone else is also encroaching on their land.

After playing a game with Kievan Rus, I think the decision that gives them reduced policy cost is misfiring because I had a ridiculous amount of culture all game along with getting what I'm pretty sure was a 10 percent reduction after only two policies on top of the actual decision.

As for Religion: Improved Customization, you're going to have to talk to BlouBlou yourself as he doesn't want to listen to me.

After playing a game with Kievan Rus, I think the decision that gives them reduced policy cost is misfiring because I had a ridiculous amount of culture all game along with getting what I'm pretty sure was a 10 percent reduction after only two policies on top of the actual decision.

The Kievan Rus' decision functions through adding/removing a dummy building. It doesn't actually grant any extra culture or interact with the culture yields directly. If you were getting a ridiculous amount of extra culture, I would say its more likely an error from something else than the decision misfiring. I'll look into it though, just to make sure its not my mod.

For me the decision is working properly (having a great game as Kiev right now); I didn't get any extra culture, nor very ridiculous policy cost discount.

I had a ridiculous culture per turn for the entire game, but that's due to an early religion with World Church belief - severely underrated one.

Skaz881, I apologize. I did find something which could affect your culture levels. It wasn’t related to decisions, though, which is what was throwing me off. It also wouldn't show up in most games, so it was easily missed.

If you’re currently playing the game and haven’t noticed anything, then you should be fine, update after. Otherwise, the update will affect saved games, so you'll have to start a new game. If you need the previous version, I keep a link active at the bottom of the Workshop page.

So fixed that, also took the opportunity to fix Jan’s Druzhina reskin also affecting Ethnic Unit base models (fix thanks to JFD), and changed up the Baptism decision a bit.

The current version is 50.

(And before someone points it out, no, I haven't actually released 50 versions of the mod. Sometimes I skip a few version numbers to keep a few of my mods in the same version number range so I can keep track of things easier).

I featured the Sioux in /r/civ's Mod of the Week!

One question has come up though:

For Strong heart's Great general buff if all units were destroyed is the buff gone for good or it gets transferred to the next Strong heart that the civ prod/purchases?

Hello,

I've attached a screenshot and a save file with an example of the unique improvement graphics glitch. I've seen it discussed here a few months ago. I vaguely recall there also being a discussion that this might be a Mac problem. I also recall that most of the improvement tiles were Leugi's design, so I hope that if this is useful it will get to whoever can use it.

Notwithstand this one glitch, the new civs are all fantastic and I'm really enjoying them with the decisions mod. Kudos all around! :goodjob:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 10.07.05 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 10.07.05 PM.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 231
  • TILE_Chê Bông Nga_0068 BC-1280.Civ5Save
    892.9 KB · Views: 36
Hello,

I've attached a screenshot and a save file with an example of the unique improvement graphics glitch.

This is a problem with many new models and textures when playing with DirectX 9. As far as I know (and even Leugi was stumped), nothing can be done about that at the moment. DirectX 10/11 doesn't have that problem, but some systems or weaker computers can't use it.

It has to do with DDS or something, but I tried all possible ways of saving and nothing really worked :(

Top Bottom