Czechoslovakia - Václav Havel

sm4

Chieftain

Czechoslovakia civilization - Václav Havel

The truth and love prevails over lie and hatred

UA: The Velvet Revolution +100% Tourism from Culture from World Wonders, Natural Wonders, Improvements and Great Works after Ideology is chosen. First Ideology choice triggers Golden Age.

This is the same as having a Hotel and Airport. +100% might be too strong and needs more testing, but so far it was nice to play as him and against him. Historically this is what happened to Czechoslovakia after "adopting Freedom", but I did not want to limit it to one ideology.

UU: Czechoslovak legion - Has bonus when fighting in friendly territory and higher bonus when fighting outside friendly territory. Ignores terrain cost when moving. Replaces both Great War Infantry and Foreign Legion. It can be obtained through the Volunteer army tenet instead of Foreign Legion.

Historical unit from before the first Czechoslovak country. The legions fought mostly in other countries (helping allies in WWI) for Czechoslovak freedom.

UB: Beerhouse - Provides +2 :), +1 $ and +2 Tourism with Radio. No maintenance. Replaces Colosseum.

Know issues

• The 24x24 icon doesn't work (in World Congress) - I added it only recently and did not test it/debug it
  • The Golden Age starts one turn after adopting ideology. I did not find a way how to catch the ideology choice in Lua
  • The UA effect is in fact an invisible building in each city.

Play style
  • For culture win, I almost beelined to Industrialism, built three factories and started a tourism machine. Landmarks + New Deal tenet work very well.
  • I managed to get Diplomatic victory quite easily when playing with other peaceful civs

AI
  • Havel is very peaceful and forgives easily
  • In a game against him, he got angry only when I converted his cities to my religion
  • If you don't attack him, he can do quite well.
  • If you attack him, he falls easily ;)

DOWNLOAD (v2 Beta)

Notes: I played all Civilization games, but never tried making any modifications - It was fun making my first mod. I wanted to make a pure tourism civizilation, with some historical accuracy. What was not fun - when I realized how bad is tourism implemented! :D

If you test it, please let me know if anything feels too strong or too weak, or if you see any bugs.

I had to remove some of the cities, because Civilization fonts don't handle carons. Plzeň, Košice and Žilina are cities missing the most...

Top Bottom