Pikeman killed a tank.

Mathematically the pikeman can beat the tank in the game but it looks so stupid and funny though

There's only 1 fighting sequence that has a 'bug" in it : If you have a warrior at full health, you'll NEVER lose to a barbarian.
if you have one damage or so on that warior, you may lose, but never at full health.

Now if you use an archer (same attack ; 1), you may lose the attack!

I don't understand why, but it sure is strange...

I've definitely lost full health, non-veteran warriors to barbs before.

Mathematically the pikeman can beat the tank in the game but it looks so stupid and funny though

Not as silly as pikemen defeating fighter planes. I was showing a new guy the ropes and he was WTF. The pikes couldnt stop the nuke though :devil:

Tanks don't seem too impressive when you have Pikemen beating fighter planes.

In my last game I attacked a city with modern infantry, tanks, bombers, etc. I killed all but 1 enemy unit (modern infantry). I had 4 pike-men in a near by city so out of desperation I sent them to attack. The spears won! :spear:

I was playing around in world editor the other day and had my helicopter get taken down by a stack of super barbarian bears.

Yup, I've seen pikemen damage my tank armies too. Frickin' hilarious!

haz

PS Should the forum names be made bigger/with flashing lights? We're still getting Civ 4 posts in Rev! :lol:

I think you have to use your imagination when playing Civ games. You could imagine that, within those odds of a pikeman defeating a tank, it also includes the odds of them getting their hands on a weapon or other means of doing the job. Maybe those pikemen got their hands on firearms and took a few lucky shots, or maybe they planted explosives that took out the tank's cannon, then just opened the hatch and skewered them.

I remember when I was trying to protect my Endor moon base -- I had stormtroopers, AT-STs, some TIEs -- and these little savage teddy bears armed with sharp sticks and rocks attacked en masse and actually took my compound! CRAZY!

...So maybe the spearmen just have Jedi covertly fighting on their side?

I remember when I was trying to protect my Endor moon base -- I had stormtroopers, AT-STs, some TIEs -- and these little savage teddy bears armed with sharp sticks and rocks attacked en masse and actually took my compound! CRAZY!

This is probably the best post I've read on this site.

I think you have to use your imagination when playing Civ games. You could imagine that, within those odds of a pikeman defeating a tank, it also includes the odds of them getting their hands on a weapon or other means of doing the job. Maybe those pikemen got their hands on firearms and took a few lucky shots, or maybe they planted explosives that took out the tank's cannon, then just opened the hatch and skewered them.

I saw Donald Sutherland take on a Panzer Tank with a pistol in the film 'Kelly's Heroes'. My guess is that the Tank crew saw a Pikeman standing ready for action in front of them and the crew bust a gut laughing!! :lol:

Top Bottom