How do I gift air units to another civ?

feldmarshall

Dictator
Gifting units can be helpful, like in a proxy war on when someone is fighting someone you hate. I can't find a way to gift air units (like bombers), do you know how it can be done?

I don't think it can be done - i tried gifting a carrier loaded with air units once and the recipient received an empty carrier.

I don't think it can be done - i tried gifting a carrier loaded with air units once and the recipient received an empty carrier.

I think you are right.
Promotions are also lost while gifting. I assume if you gift a unit it gets destroyed and a new unit is created. (similar to upgrades but without the promotion and hp copying. Actually I don't know if gifted units keep their hp level. If you gift a half dead unit, does the CS receive a healed unit?

I think you are right.

Promotions are also lost while gifting. I assume if you gift a unit it gets destroyed and a new unit is created. (similar to upgrades but without the promotion and hp copying. Actually I don't know if gifted units keep their hp level. If you gift a half dead unit, does the CS receive a healed unit?

I don't know about gifting air units, but if you give a damaged unit, the CS will receive a fully healed one. On a side note, I tend not to give a CS a ranged unit (archer or pult). They just get them killed. Give the CS a melee if possible. CS's defend themselves by ramming their units into the attacker regardless of damage.

From the posts here, I would say. ..gift them one by one because gifting a carrier of them full of airplanes will make the airplanesddisappear when gifted to another civilization.

Top Bottom