Ok I'm really starting to hate Winged Hussar's Heavy Charge

Redaxe

Emperor
So apparently the Winged Hussar has an ability that if you inflict more damage than you take you knock the enemy back 1 tile and take the position of that new tile. That sounds ok except that if you happen to move past an adjacent unit you lose all your remaining movement points. This is in complete contrast to when you defeat a unit you keep your remaining movement.

So essentially your 150 exp Hussar with March, Charge promtions can get killed in the next turn because you can't remove it to safety. That's too bad because this is otherwise quite a fun unit to experience.

It adds a level of complexity to your units that I think is kind of interesting. It definitely makes you think twice about your approach to attacking units. It does get in the way sometimes, if you incorrectly use a unit and put them in harms way.

It's called a Charge for a reason, not a pushing enemy while withdrawing tactic. Not to mention Winged Hussars are supposed to be used in formation to give out the most flanking bonuses to allow you to press the attack each turn.

It adds a level of complexity to your units that I think is kind of interesting. It definitely makes you think twice about your approach to attacking units. It does get in the way sometimes, if you incorrectly use a unit and put them in harms way.

Yeah I realize as what others have mentioned that you need to have lots of flanking unit but on Diety it was a case of declaring war on a runaway AI before they became even more of a threat so im always outnumbered 3 to 1 by an army with gattling guns and Great War Infantry so 3 hits on my Lancers and their gone. So I was using them as a hit and run which is probably not the best as Enginseer says but on Diety against a runaway how else do you do it lol.

An example I had in mind was where I was attacking a unit with a Hussar with only 1 empty tile adjacent to it. I didn't realize that attacking that unit would push it into the empty adjacent tile then move my Hussar forward where now it was surrounded by 4 units and lost all remaining movement.
So yes its a lesson you have to be very careful and it seems like you do need to use these things in groups to prevent the risk of a unit getting caught. Still feels a bit cheesy though.

@OP

I know what you mean, happened to me too. It's double edged sword, sometimes it becomes trap for your own unit, getting stuck in the middle of enemy units after pushing another enemy unit.

So apparently the Winged Hussar has an ability that if you inflict more damage than you take you knock the enemy back 1 tile and take the position of that new tile. That sounds ok except that if you happen to move past an adjacent unit you lose all your remaining movement points. This is in complete contrast to when you defeat a unit you keep your remaining movement.

So essentially your 150 exp Hussar with March, Charge promtions can get killed in the next turn because you can't remove it to safety. That's too bad because this is otherwise quite a fun unit to experience.

I don't much care for them either.They are random and irritating. Who's to say you will (or won't) do more damage and advance one tile (or not)? Maybe I don't want the enemy unit to be pushed back as my ranged units will have to enter an enemy fire zone or hilly area. It's not worth the trouble or uncertainty. Image: Sir JarJar Binks
JarJarHoser.jpg

Top Bottom