Getting Religion at Turn 52 on Immortal (Epic Speed)

FaohKi

Warlord
Also without Shrine or any faith buildings. How does it sound? Not possible? I just did that today. To be honest, I was also surprised :)

There is no trick, just play as Shoshone and recruit a few Pathfinder and search entire map as soon as possible. Since you have -lets say 3- Pathfinder you have better chance to get faith from ruins. I get faith from ruins 4 times and got religion at t52 on Epic speed.

Good job mate!

Btw, how fast is Standard Speed when you compering with Epic Speed?

Edit: That Info Addict on your sig is what I was looking for in Civ 5. Thank you for putting it on your sig mate. :)

How did that happen? Did you meet the faith requirements and waited a few turns for your prophet to be born?

@qreddishrecue
If you use Pathfinder, you can choose whatever you want from Ancient Ruins. So, I picked Faith for 4 times. Each time it gives 90 faith so I found religion. :)

@Nick31

Pathfinder is one of my top 5 favourite UU. They are fantastic.

Pathfinder is awesome. But I got to agree, Spain settling 2nd and 3rd cities on faith NW then you adopt One With Nature for +8 faith each per NW is crazy. I got a religion with Spain once before turn 30 (was very very lucky)

Edit: turn 30 not 20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pathfinder is awesome. But I got to agree, Spain settling 2nd and 3rd cities on faith NW then you adopt One With Nature for +8 faith each per NW is crazy. I got a religion with Spain once before turn 30 (was very very lucky)

Edit: turn 30 not 20

Tried Spain and their ability is insane. On Quick Speed, you can get Religion before T30. Also if you have 2 NW or more :)D) and pick "One with Nature" your faith output becomes really really high.

Yeah if you find a faith NW within first three turns, or settle your capital next to one then you can get religion even before turn 15. Problem is that unless it's Uluru or Sri Pada where you also have food, it's better to invest only one turn to get early pantheon, then shift back to pop to grow city first. With mt Sinai and one with nature that's a whopping 24 faith per turn so if your capital has it then you can get religion by turn 12 or so though no growth

In a game with Spain recently, I moved my warrior before settling my city (as always) and discovered Uluru. So I moved my settler which took two turns and settled near it. I bought the tile with the 500 gold I received for discovering it. I had a Pantheon in two turns and chose the one to get additional faith from Natural Wonders. I founded my religion on Turn 21 and enhanced it at turn 49. One of the first wonders I found was Writing so I decided to build the Great Library and finished that one Turn 48. This game was on Emperor difficulty. Since I had Carthage to the north and the Aztecs to the East (ocean to the West and South) I went after the Great Wall and got it built. That is the only time I have been able to build it since BNW has been out since it normally gets built fast and I don't push for it fast enough. I was also able to build Notre Dame which I probably have built a couple of times since BNW has been out for the same reason. One of the keys to this game was that I caught an Aztec settler unprotected and nabbed it. It was headed for a spot with real good resources (four incense and a furs). I then settled the area which I normally would have not been able to expand so far out as that area was. It lead to future wars with the Aztecs but the combination of the Great Wall and hills, forests, rivers, and swamps prevented a large Aztec force from accomplishing anything. When I formed the World Council, the first motion I passed was to get culture from Natural Wonders and got it passed easily since I had built the Forbidden Palace. I has also settled Barringer's Crater so was getting twenty culture from the two wonders. It was quite the game...

Yeah if you find a faith NW within first three turns, or settle your capital next to one then you can get religion even before turn 15. Problem is that unless it's Uluru or Sri Pada where you also have food, it's better to invest only one turn to get early pantheon, then shift back to pop to grow city first. With mt Sinai and one with nature that's a whopping 24 faith per turn so if your capital has it then you can get religion by turn 12 or so though no growth

I settled my capital at Uluru as mentioned in my previous post and the four food it provided was huge for starting growth. I'd take that over Mt Sinai.

Top Bottom