I just realized that the Ottomans can have a dozen UU's

JanghanHong

Enrico Trololo
Ottomans, their UA gives their melee ships an ability steal units.

Galley is a barbarian UU, but I once played against the Carthage when I was able to steal some Q-ships, which made me realize that with the right game setting the Ottomans can steal all ship UU's.

The amount of UU that can be owned by the Ottomans:

1. Janissary
2. Sipahi

3. Galley (Barbarian)
4. Quinqureme (Carthage)
5. Dromon (Byzantine)
6. Sea Beggar (Dutch)
7. Ship of the Line (England)
8. Turtle Ship (Korea)

Plus a bunch of UU's from military city-states, I don't know the maximum number of military city-states that can appear on the map.

The best thing about it is that since Ottomans have musketman UU and lancer UU, there are bunch of gifted UU that can upgrade to it, like Maori warrior, Jaguar Warrior, Immortals, Samurai, etc. Landsknekt is terrible, but upcoming Impi will upgrade directly into a Sipahi.

It'd would be a fun game to see just how many UU's you can control as the Ottomans in a single game.

To be fair you can technically do this with Privateers as any Civ. You'd have to be pretty far ahead in tech to be able to mass those before Galleys, Quinquremes, and Dromons go out of style though.

Yes, Privateers can do that too but non can do that with ironclad except Ottomans :)

To be fair you can technically do this with Privateers as any Civ. You'd have to be pretty far ahead in tech to be able to mass those before Galleys, Quinquremes, and Dromons go out of style though.

Sometimes the AI neglects to upgrade their UUs, fortunately. Of course, only Dromons and Sea Beggars benefit after upgrading. :)

I've noticed that. Sometimes, I'm fighting Dromons with frigates and privateers.:crazyeye:

Sending a Privateer: Thanks for the Dromon, I'll upgrade it to a Frigate.

Top Bottom