AI doesn't lose spaceship parts

teecee

Chieftain
When I see (and am being notified by the log) that one AI is far away by building spaceship parts and decide to capture his city/capital, I suppose that these parts are destroyed? It happened already twice that after a war (for at least 10 turns of course) the AI won by Space victory by continuing or do I have to say rebuilding the spaceship parts in his new capital. Is this normal ?
And :confused: why don't we get no more information when a new part has being builded ?
Hope my explanation is clear enough :crazyeye:

Yeah, I don't think the spaceship parts are stored in the capital, so capturing it won't solve anything. Likewise, it should work in reverse. You can still get spaceship victory even if the AI takes your capital.

The incomplete spaceship and any parts that have already been attached to the SS are magically teleported to the AI's new capital. And the AI's new capital and other cities can still crank out the remaining SS parts.

Any parts that were already built but not attached to the SS remain in existence and can be transported to the new capital (subject to being destroyed by enemy (your) units through normal combat operations).

Personally I consider this a bug. The Civ should at the very least have to rebuild the Apollo Program wonder. It bit me not so long ago. Now I make sure I can beat them to spaceship if I need to as on anything other than a fast Domination win you are most likely going to be near to being able to launch anyway.

Apollo Project isn't a building, like other wonders. It is a set of technologies and know-how that can be used empire-wide to build spaceship parts. Why should that technology/know-how have to be recreated just because you sniped their capital?

Apollo Project isn't a building, like other wonders. It is a set of technologies and know-how that can be used empire-wide to build spaceship parts. Why should that technology/know-how have to be recreated just because you sniped their capital?

Agreed, but, why when I take a capital, don't I suddenly discover any additional tech that that Civ has already researched ?

I enjoyed that feature in earlier games (like MOO II), but it isn't in this game. Have to ask the devs why not. :(

There also isn't a way to knock down an opponent's social policies when they're close to a cultural victory; but you can deal with either by taking out a few of their more productive (in terms of science, hammers or culture) cities. If you just cracked their capital, you probably can deal with those as well.

Wait, so just to be clear, the AI's incomplete spaceship is not destroyed if their capital is captured, and it can still be completed.

Now, does this apply to a human player as well? It'd be a bit unfair if the AI kept their spaceship even after losing their capital, but human players didn't.

It applies to the human player as well, but losing your capital is never the best plan.

Wait, so just to be clear, the AI's incomplete spaceship is not destroyed if their capital is captured, and it can still be completed.

Now, does this apply to a human player as well? It'd be a bit unfair if the AI kept their spaceship even after losing their capital, but human players didn't.

Yes, it applies to both the AI and the human player, but like many simple facts of the game, it's being treated like something that only benefits the AI and evidence that this game totally cheats.

Games don't cheat. Except for Ninja Gaiden. That game TOTALLY cheated.

Yes, it applies to both the AI and the human player, but like many simple facts of the game, it's being treated like something that only benefits the AI and evidence that this game totally cheats.

Games don't cheat. Except for Ninja Gaiden. That game TOTALLY cheated.

Oh, the Civ AI cheats in so many other ways that it's hardly necessary to make any up. :)

You forgot Empire Earth. Now that was a game with a cheating AI. ;)

Oh, the Civ AI cheats in so many other ways that it's hardly necessary to make any up. :)

You forgot Empire Earth. Now that was a game with a cheating AI. ;)

The AI "cheats" in a way that's fairly easy to disable. Play on Warlord. No more cheating.

Top Bottom