What symbols will the new religions use?

Some native american representation is sorely needed too. I know strictly speaking a lot of their religious activity is classed only as a pantheon but it just doesn't seem right that their go to religion is Christianity (or Catholicism for the Aztecs, Maya and Inca and Protestantism for the Iroquois)

I wouldn't want that mod because it's too many choices.

I think that the devs only added more religions (Shikism, Tengirism, Zorostranism) because they wanted the other civs (Persia and Huns and Mongolia) to have a religion that made sense. They wouldn't add a religion that would only be used by a single civ (well, I guess Persia is an exception) And also think that initially they might've wanted there to be 50% of religions as there were civs (11 for a 22 civ game) because if you recall there were 3 more founder beliefs that were scrapepd (10% culture during peace time and the two religions that were made into Enhancer, i.e Just War and Defender of Fatih).

They wouldn't add a religion that would only be used by a single civ (well, I guess Persia is an exception)

Except Persia isn't the only exception. Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, Shintoism, Confucianism all are only used by one civ. Shinto is in a boat where there isn't even a possible other civ to add it to besides Japan (whereas the others could potentially be applied to future expansion civs). Judaism and Sikhism are also used by none.

I don't think they were too concerned with adding a religion that would only be used by a single civ. However, I think you're right that the minimum of 11 number was probably deliberate to reflect half the total possible civs on a map.

they wanted the other civs [..] to have a religion that made sense

Like Carthage choosing Islam???

I wouldn't want that mod because it's too many choices.

Well, what was linked is sort of the deluxe version. Tomatekh does have a toned down version which only includes religions which are actually used:

Historical Religions

That version I really wouldn't mind in the game.

The crucifix makes no sense for Protestantism. In fact, it makes the opposite of sense. It is nonsense.

From what I was aware a plain wooden crucifix is the accepted symbol of Protestantism, rather than 'nonsence' (though it's a rather fractured group, so there would probably never be consensus).

I just want to clarify whether people are using Crucifix and Cross interchangeably?

I know. I was making sure those who think Protestants would have a Crucifix know the difference. Likewise, I'm just confused how people think a Crucifix would translate well to a logo.

I would prefer the crossed keys of St. Peter for Catholicism, it's a much more epic symbol.

(I'd also like a Shia/Sunni split, but whatever)

why not ad more religions from asia africa and america than split up christianity?

That woludn't solve the issue of most civs going for Christianity. It's only necessary to split up Christianity in order to relieve this.

they could ad more religious civs instead.
now instead of having christianity to be the first religion to be founded it
will be the three first religions to be founded.

They could, but probably not enough to balance it out. There are like 2 billion Christians in the world, so having a considerable bias in the game is unavoidable. Just be glad they've decided to do anything at all about it.

It doesn't bother me, but it does get a bit dull when you come to expect Christianity to be founded first. And that also means that the player has a higher chance of not founding Christianity themselves, which might be off-putting for certain players.

From what I was aware a plain wooden crucifix is the accepted symbol of Protestantism, rather than 'nonsence' (though it's a rather fractured group, so there would probably never be consensus).

From Wikipedia, just because it's 4am:
"It is especially important in the Latin Church, but is also used in Eastern Orthodox and Eastern Catholic Churches, as well as in Anglican, Methodist, and Lutheran churches (though less often in other Protestant churches"

So yeah, not very symbolic of Protestants as a whole. Protestants tend to use the cross with Jesus not on it anymore, so a plain wooden cross is different.

From Wikipedia, just because it's 4am:
"It is especially important in the Latin Church, but is also used in Eastern Orthodox and Eastern Catholic Churches, as well as in Anglican, Methodist, and Lutheran churches (though less often in other Protestant churches"

So yeah, not very symbolic of Protestants as a whole. Protestants tend to use the cross with Jesus not on it anymore, so a plain wooden cross is different.

Ah, then my mistake, didn't realise there was a difference between the crucifix and the cross.

They're just going to use the symbols from ItR, right? There's like a 2% chance they'll make new symbols for the denominations.

Top Bottom