Rise and Rule for Civ3:Conquests

I've been reading this thread for some time but everything is still messed up for me. :)

1) I installed the mod, then 1.02, skipped 1.03, installed 1.04. Doc said to install 1.4 "manually" (no unrar-to); and I'm not sure what I really did; I think I extracted file(s) somewhere and then copy/paste them to the conquest/scenario/rar (?) folder. Hope there is no problem with that. It works for now.

2) Later I realized there is 1.04 extended version. Did that, to. (in the same way)

3) Now - the real problem: Here are -WW2 ptw graphics- : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=69446 Finally some links that work.

My question is how to download it? One by one? Were to put it? In a same path (ptw extras) as it is with "Medieval Japan"? Or no? Where then? ...Anyway, I have "Medieval Japan" folder unlike "WW2". "Medieval Japan" doesn't need to relocate somewhere else?

4) I think those graphics are not enough, am I correct? What is with Nikox's files?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=100144&page=111

Someone said it can conflict with something? In what -order- to download it, then? Again, where to copy those files?

5) Some people experienced crashes. I can remember at least 2 occasions: "longboat" and "shipoftheline". Can anyone again clearly explain how to solve those? Are there any other problem of the same type?

It would be nice if someone would summarize things up. :)
Would really like to play this mod without dreading it will crash.

Welcone, Tuscarora87 to the forums:band: Been a while but I recall that "longboat" easy fix was to replace the contents of the unit folder with the contents of "longship". Then rename each file within the folder. Don't fear crashes, just know help can be had.

Welcone, Tuscarora87 to the forums:band: Been a while but I recall that "longboat" easy fix was to replace the contents of the unit folder with the contents of "longship". Then rename each file within the folder. Don't fear crashes, just know help can be had.

Thanks for the welcome. The 'CIVfanatics' forum/site is really great. I was playing civ3 for some time 8-10 years ago (on 'regent' or 'monarch' at the best) and now by browsing all those articles, comments and mods, I say all that gives a totally new dimension to my old favorite game. A lot of things to discover. I will settle here for sure. :) After installation of 'Marble' and 'Bug' mods, even civ4 doesn't look that bad for me anymore.

As for the RaR mod I made some progress today. Just couple of tweaks more and I will be ready to play. If some other problems occur, I'll come back here for help. ;)

Thanks for the "longboat" tip. Now I get it.

All the best.
(I apologize for possible grammatical errors.)

Are there any links to the "Extras Patch"? The link in the OP is dead :(

Mod looks great though

Here is download mirror for Rise and Rule 1.04 http://www.mediafire.com/download/l947b5801k9e2fc/rar_1_04.7z

It is ready to play and should have all missing files just extract and copy into Civilization III\Conquests\Conquests.

To fix music delete music.txt in all other conquest scenarios text folder (or make music.txt for rar, no idea what it should have).

If it crashes it means there are still missing files (unit animations).

Here is download mirror for Rise and Rule 1.04 http://www.mediafire.com/download/l947b5801k9e2fc/rar_1_04.7z

It is ready to play and should have all missing files just extract and copy into Civilization III\Conquests\Conquests.

To fix music delete music.txt in all other conquest scenarios text folder (or make music.txt for rar, no idea what it should have).

If it crashes it means there are still missing files (unit animations).

Imma try it now I hope it works!

Hi, I'm a newbie to this mod and I have one question concerning city growth. As every citizen requires 3 Food I occasionally find my first city unable to grow beyond 2-3 Citizens as there appears to be no resources on the tiles in the city radius after discovering the first "resource showing" techs.

How can I solve this problem if I'm not agricultural? :sad:

Edit:
Is the Seal bonus resource working?

Sorry for the double post:

Oh, I was still in Chiefdom - that's why the Seal problem. But the starting advice still remains, anyone?

Yes, I also discovered that the place for the starting city is very important, so it's worth it to lose 2 or even 3 turns in exploring food resources before creating the first city.

Im unable to play it. It keeps crashing because the 'Ship of the Line' Ini is missing, but when i go check all the roots to this file everything is in place.

If i delete this unit the game works. Do i really have to delete it and upset the balance of this mod?

EDIT: Never mind i didnt know there was a version 1.04 someone linked above. I just didnt see it on the main download page. Its only 1.02

Hi all!

RaR is my favorite mod for C3C :). I want know - why late game (1950+) with huge map always remain only a few superpowers? If i use editor and made huge map bigger (for example - 250% from normal map and 27 start nations), it make late game with more nations? Is it difficult if i never use game-editor?

Sry for bad english.

I install 1.04. Why i have advisors heads from industrial era in ancient era??? How to fix it?

How can i made more faster turns in game with this mod? In modern era turns go 30sec-1minute, it soooo long! On i5 processor! :(

Top Bottom