New NESes, ideas, development, etc

Yeah, just a little thing- Magic pretty much replaces religion in this NES. And I think I'll just suggest a few magic types, then let you guys make up your own types, with their bonuses. And yes, I want the magic types to be realistic for where your nation is, ie. blood sacrafice cults in central america. I assume that won't offend anyone, since they don't do that anymore. :D

I will be using the same eco. system as Kamilian, i just didn't call it that earlier.

And where do you get the maps for drawing borders for updates?

No! No! NO!!!!!!! Please do not change the map! It would be great to see how the world might have turned out if this ONE thing had been different. If you must, just add a SMALL Atlantean continent with a few *NPC* Atlantean nations that are more developed but seem to be in slow decline (NPC because you don't want the first two or three humans taking advantage of Atlantis's lead and taking over the world in a couple turns).

perhaps you could add that Atlantis is sinking, make it more "realistic" lol reasons being their magic is based on faith and their faith is dwindling (like a rebelion or a revolution)
hopefully put them somwhere in the pacific ocean, maybe right on hawaii? like say that hawaii is the remains of Atlantis (even though they were created by volcanic eruptions)

Well, I don't think I'll make Atlantis. Maybe I'll make an NPC nation in the Canary islands or in Spain that's of Atlantis or something like that. Anyway, some forms of magic may be able to raise islands out of the ocean, if enough spellcasters are tasked on the job.

Israelite9191 said:
Tossi- I am guessing that you did not read what I posted in the other thread Lord Iggy posted his idea in. Vodun (or as Hollywood has dubed it, Voodoo) is a traditional African religion that is practiced by just about (literrally) 100% of Haiti's, Benin's, and Togo's populations, along with many people in other African countiries and communities in West Africa and the Carribean. I am friends with several people who would sooner see Hollywood dead for creating this image of Vodun than see themselves inherit several million dollars (one of these people is actually thinking of joining the NESing community here BTW). Hoodoo on the other hand is a folk-magic system practiced mainly in the bayou country, but also in West Africa (forgot to mention this in my other description of Hoodoo). I think using existing systems of magic is a good idea, but they should be flexible. For instance, if I use Hoodoo, I should be able to include elements of other systems when I come into contact with others.
Lord Iggy- I think that you should watch people's stats and make sure that they aren't doing anything outrageous. For instance, the Egyptians should not be using Shinobi and the Japanese should not be using Hoodoo.
Oh I did! I said Hollywood Voodoo, because I know that the real Voodoo (and neither Hoodoo) is not about Voodoo dolls and zombies. They are serious religions. However I think in this game we should just do that what is most funny. I would not care if someone would do something crazy with my religion (christ) and made the holy empire of vatican with angels and whatnot.

Interesting idea...
Giant Spider cavalry!

You will be surprised, but Global Nexus (may he start a new NES!) did have a science fiction (Alpha Centauri-like, though the planet was different) NES where there was spider cavalry, or something like that (actually, it might have been "six-legged horse cavalry" or "ant cavalry", but regardless, I seem to recall something about spiders).

Anyway, am interested. Will we have an usual fresh start map?

Reno, Toteone any ideas?

Gelion said:
Reno, Toteone any ideas?

It really depends on how we assume that the Grandchild of the Vault Dweller (Fallout II main charecter) did during the cource of his adventures in different locations. For example did he allow Modoc to starve to death, or what New Reno family did he put in charge (if any, the Wrights were the only decent family).

I think we should assume that the Chosen One picked the best choices. Most players (I think) did not like to play evil characters....

Considering 3 reasonable scenarios:

1. Immediately after (0 to 1 year)
2. 5 years after
3. 20 years after (Chosen One has a child. In fact everyone has children).

I'm considering 2nd choice....

How do you think the rules should be organised?

tossi said:
Oh I did! I said Hollywood Voodoo, because I know that the real Voodoo (and neither Hoodoo) is not about Voodoo dolls and zombies. They are serious religions. However I think in this game we should just do that what is most funny. I would not care if someone would do something crazy with my religion (christ) and made the holy empire of vatican with angels and whatnot.

Har har! (it means i agree with tossi) :D

Well plz give it a thought..... I think it should be simple ;)

I'll go with the 2nd one then.... or third :confused:

Fallout NES Preview:

20 years have passed ever since the Chosen One destroyed the Enclave and saved “humanity” from destruction. Having returned from his travels he decided to settle down and use the knowledge he gained to build a good life for his tribesmen. New Arroyo was founded on the same place where the destroyed village laid. The other GECK was used to build a city around Vault 13. People from both places intermixed and travelled between cities often. One day it became clear that with the Enclave gone the race for power and control of California is about to start. NCR is the oldest player on the scene, followed by the surviving Vault City, New Reno, San Francisco and Dweller State.

Most rules are ripped off Stormy's Fallout NES. Map by Plexus.

1. Nations
A number of Fallout nations and organisations already exist. You are free to make your own nations or organisations however they must be consistent with Fallout Universe.

2. Economy and Trade
"Done exactly like in Storms NES". First number - economy available before falling to the previous level.
Second number - eco points need to be invested to get to the next level.
3rd number - economy points already invested. (4th - debt owed).
10 word levels. Sometimes investment will not work.
Economy Levels:
Ruined: -1
Depression +0
Recession +1
Failing +2
Struggling +3
Stable +4
Growing +5
Normal +6
Prosperous +7
Outstanding +8
Flourishing +9
Powerhouse +10

Trade: pay 5 eco to get 1eco/turn. 3 trade routes are possible.

3. Military
Military is number-based and is consistent to fallout universe. No Upkeep is needed. Requiting will depend on your economy, productivity and Literacy levels.

INSERT MILITARY TYPES HERE

4. Stability, Government, Productivity and Literacy
Stability - I will indicate somewhere in the stats how stable or not stable your country is if it is out of the ordinary. The only way to change it is based on your actions.
Revolutionary/ Dangerous/ Unstable/ Normal/ Above Normal/ High/ Outstanding

Government - Anything is welcomed. Create new types of government; revive old traditional types, etc. I will take anything, no limits.

Productivity - Productivity is your country’s industries, simple as that. The more you have under your control the more things you can make per turn.
Literacy - How educated people of your "nation" are. The more educated they are the more likely the chance that some of them will randomly stumble over something and say "hey, I know what this is for" and give you tech. Also means that more of your people are able to work as scientists, etc.

5. Advances and Projects work in the same way....mutations included....

Well they work the same as in other NESes. You say what you want it to do, I decide how much it costs in economy. No time restriction, just eco, and as soon as you invest what you have to it’s done.
Advances work in the same way as projects. Advances can include new weapons, space flight technology etc, but don’t cost eco.
Mutations will be very difficult to predict and control, but you are free to experiment. They work either as projects or advancements.

6. Stories and Orders:
Orders - Orders in a list please. Stories and innovative solutions in orders also are welcome and encouraged. If you like something to be done but do not wish to share it with the rest of the players mark it secret. Orders in the thread will not be accepted unless my PM box is full. However you may post them for information. Diplomacy with NPCs or PCs can be done in the thread.

Stories - are not necessary, but very encouraged. Writers will get an economy bonus and if their story is very good – some positive random events.

Name NCR/NPC
Government Constitutional Presidency
Economy Stable +5/6/3/0
Productivity
Military 200 armed police (shotguns), 50 soldiers (bozars), 20 heavey soldiers
Population 3,460
Literacy 92%
Diversity 89% Humans, 5% Mutants, 6% Ghouls
Advances:
Background:

Tryoutmap:

MMMM I already made the map...... the game is more continent-USA-centered....

Top Bottom