Is CivRev your first Civ game?

Is CivRev your first Civ game?

• Total voters
I've started with civ1 and moved on to play civ2, civ3 and finally civ4. I liked every version more than the previous one. I never considered CivRev as what I've read about it, it seemed like a step back. Next to that, I don't own a console.

(I do think that a simpler version of civ like CivRev is more marketable for the console public so I don't consider CivRev a bad design decision.)

I also played civ the board game and a newer version of civ the board game based on civ3/civ4. And I played civ CTP1. Sadly, I never played SMAC.

I started with Civ 1 on an old portable 386 computer with a black and white screen. It won me over immediately. Since then I have gone through Civ 2 {IMO a classic--perfect in its own incarnation; I still play it!} Civ 3 {good but a bit clumsy} and finally Civ 4 which has some of the magic of Civ 2.

Civ Rev is a really wonderful game for the handheld. I got it in the DS version. I now have it on the iPod Touch as well. Personally I think that the Touch and iPhone version is really excellent with a very nice screen and the ability to easily expand to a full world map.

Just out of curiosity, what do the rest of you think of the iPod version?

Technically Civ Rev. was my first cause I just played the demo on ps3, but civ iv I'd say is my true first.

Civ 2 was my first one. I got it for free back in 1999. My dad ordered some kind of computer magazine thingy and he got a pile of free games as a reward. Civ 2 was one of them. I tested that game and fell in love with it. Couple of years later I played Civ1 but I didn't like it so much. Years later I got Civ 3 and Civ 4 which both kick ass. Then i got CivRev on DS and couple of months later I bought CivRev on Xbox 360. They both were fun for couple of days but I don't enjoy them as much as I enjoy Civ 4 now.

Just out of curiosity, what do the rest of you think of the iPod version?
CivRev is much more fun on DS than on iPod. Maybe because my thumbs are always on the screen blocking the view to the game when I play it on iPod..

I started playing Civ 1 on the Amiga system. Still got the mashine so play it some even nowday. The game hooked me so much that I bought Civ2 before even owning my own PC. Been playing all versions of civ after that.

Um.. Torisen, I don't count "Empire" to the civ series, but i t was a damn nice game.

I vaguely remember when Civilization first came out. Our computer was EGA but couldn't run the game. I lent it to a friend who had VGA. So I went over to his place to play it.

Civ1 on Amiga, I still remember the fights with my sister. No, no multiplayer fights, WhoCanNowPlay fights :)

Civ 2 was my first Civ game, but I could not get into it. Then right before Civ 3 came out a gamer magazine had a CD with Civ 1 for windows on it, and life has never been the same.

Civ 1 is beautifully abstract and just wonderful.

Then I played Civ3 on this site with two succession games. Great fun.

stwils

It was my first! I got it in April 2009. Then I got the Civ 4 complete Edition in July.

Civ 2 was my first (I then went back and played Civ 1).

Have played every version since then.

My favourite has to be Alpha Centuari, as I loved the way you could construct your own units.

I actually quite like the DS version, I have tried the Xbox 360 version and Im not too keen on it. I dont like the way you only see a tiny area and your constantly scrolling to see where you are. I know you can zoom out, but I dont think it works as well as the DS version or the PC one for that matter.

After voting for civ 4, I remember that I downloaded the demo for civ 2 when I was seven years old.
Through technically, civ 4 was the first civ game that I brought. I recently brought civ Rev for the 360, I had not played it yet and by what my friends have told me, the game sound to be a disappointment.

After voting for civ 4, I remember that I downloaded the demo for civ 2 when I was seven years old.
Through technically, civ 4 was the first civ game that I brought. I recently brought civ Rev for the 360, I had not played it yet and by what my friends have told me, the game sound to be a disappointment.

If you don't want to break the plastic wrap, download the demo and give it a try. You might be pleasantly surprised.

recently brought civ Rev for the 360, I had not played it yet and by what my friends have told me, the game sound to be a disappointment.

The multiplayer is very good (although somewhat buggy unfortunately). You can't really play Civ IV online like you can with CivRev. In two hours you can easily play one game from start to finish and very likely play several. How long would it take to play a multiplayer game of Civ IV all the way up to Space Flight? Weeks, I'm imagining.

I started with playing the first Civ at a buddy's house on his pc. I was hooked but couldn't play again until Civ II came out on the playstation (I still own that copy too :)) Then years later, I bought Civ IV like the day it came out (I didn't own a pc for another year). When I finally built a pc that could actually play it, I also found Civ III for $10 at my grocery store bargain bin. I got Beyond the Sword for my birthday and I snapped up Colonization when it came out but it was too late to get Warlords without buying the all-in-one version or getting an illegal version (never an option!). I look forward to what Civ V has in store :D

I started with Civ Rev. I was browsing through demos on Xbox Live, and saw it. So, I downloaded it and gave it a try. I ended up buying the game a little after that. I think Civ Rev is a good "introductory course" for the Civilization franchise; the simplified game mechanics made the game easier to learn, but still kept me wanting a little bit more depth. When I got Civ 4 I got the depth I was looking for and haven't really gone back since. But, I haven't forgotten all the fun I had with Civ Rev. :love:

Top Bottom