Civilization V Funny screenshots

How better to fight off evil workers than with a Great Artist!

How those embarged workers can have different ships?

I'd assume that as the game keeps track of the civ that a worker was produced by when they're captured by barbarians the graphical style used is that of the tech level of the original owners. Either that or workers captured by barbarians don't update the graphics used.

I know just the perfect leader for an Irrational city-state:

On Turn 71:
Spoiler :

"What business do you have here?" Sound familiar? :rolleyes:

On Turn 72:
Spoiler :

Good job Firaxis on showing how perfectly irrational AI can be. Now make it happen on those real CS and amuse us further! :lol:

Some leaders can be such babies, I only found out today. *facepalm*
Spoiler :

He literally says "YOU DIDN'T DOW ME, I DOW-ED YOU" when you declare war on him.

Yeah, Pachacuti is a little unhinged.

Harun isn't behaving irrationally, he is just pretending to be friendly. Expect a stack of doom as soon as you don't expect it.

The term 'Carpet of Doom' is used for the situation that there's a unit on every tile and no unit can move anymore. That's not what Strijder means.
Often civs have issues with you that show up and then seemingly disappear, but a civ hiding its real attitude towards you will often pay a little less in deals, so you still know.

Harun isn't behaving irrationally, he is just pretending to be friendly. Expect a stack of doom as soon as you don't expect it.

Yes I know he's pretending, don't they all? Besides I'd really like to see Irrational CS as just that, one moment friendly the next unbelievably livid. There's a probable reason his hostility though, I believe he got beaten to the GL - by none other than yours truly and that's why he's pissed! I did observe the diplo hit after it was built! :lol:

Well, when you give a city which has one of your units to another civ, your unit will be still be yours, and you can still use it.

But yeah, the AI is a cheater. Sometimes you can see an AI unit attacking from a hex which has another unit already, breaking the 1UPT rule.

But yeah, the AI is a cheater. Sometimes you can see an AI unit attacking from a hex which has another unit already, breaking the 1UPT rule.

Graphical glitch.

Not necessarily a glitchy ghost unit, I think they are real. They rush-buy units while other units are garrisoned and have them attack on the same turn (!) from the city tile. /my observation

Anyway, the french settler was sitting in Hanoi for dozens of turns... maybe he was a spy?

Here you can see the AI cheating (different movement/stacking rules than a human player)

I've seen an AI French rifleman capturing workers then hitting my units, within its 2 moves, in the same turn. Worker bait doesn't work on them? :confused:

I've seen an AI French rifleman capturing workers then hitting my units, within its 2 moves, in the same turn. Worker bait doesn't work on them? :confused:

You can attack a unit after capturing a civilian unit.. but you cannot capture a civilian unit after attacking a unit.

The Settler WAS in Hanoi, you can see a unit with blue capes.. which looks more like a Scout o.O

There is a bunch of different "persons" in that units graphics - it is a settler. Also you can not enter an allied/friendly city, you can only walk through it. Maybe on some rare occasions where you send a unit with a move command into fog area you can end up on the city tile, but only if you still have enough movement points to leave it again, as you can not end your turn in it under any circumstances.

I failed to observe what happened to the settler though. French lost the war against Hanoi and probably the settler as well when he moved him out at some point, because when I attacked Hanoi the settler was gone (a ghost-unit-image usually never disappears (at least for me)).

I know that some of the icons tend to remain on the screen (usually they are Great People)

however, there is a French Unit in hanoi (I know this due tot he blue capes, which mean it's a French Unit).

Top Bottom