Is there any interest in an IntersiteDG

Back here after a few days, it looks great for an ISDG.
@Lancelot: Your suggestion is not as bad as I first thought. If there aren't enough players for a "real democratic game" a team could of course act as you propose. Though most of the german players really want to discuss :D If there is a team who'll give one player the full power for several turns, why not? I'ld be the last person to stop that, particularly if it would lead to an additional team.

AI by the way would be frowned upon, because of their behaviour. I don't think that there will be much chance to play with them.

I just started a first poll about the landform, perhaps you would like to give us your thoughts.
Have a nice day
kH

Forgot the Link to the poll: http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?t=69549

I have sent a notification to a few more GOTM/SGOTM veterans, who are still active.

Calis: I'm sure there are also a couple of strong HoF veterans who might be interested in playing this. Could you send a notification to them as well?

In order to get an overview I started a list of players willing to play for the Civfanatics teams (in order of their appearance in this thread):

(Moved the list to page 4.)

I will keep this list updated, as more players turn up here. Perhaps we'll be able to man as many as three teams?! :goodjob:

Lanzelot

Thanks to Calis and Lanzelot for inviting me.

I have some interest, but my time for this game will be very limited. Experience with multiplayer team games has shown that there are a LOT more people who express interest than there are who stick with the game all the way through. I would be very careful about making the teams too small.

Thanks to Calis and Lanzelot for inviting me.

I have some interest, but my time for this game will be very limited. Experience with multiplayer team games has shown that there are a LOT more people who express interest than there are who stick with the game all the way through. I would be very careful about making the teams too small.

Important point I think.
Don't be too enthusiastic, if you really get two teams this would be more than we'ld have expected.

It is simply the truth what Chamnix says, but the people in the list above are people I trust to participate till the end.

But anyhow, more than two teams would not be good IMO. In case of absence, there needs to be a sub turn player at least.

:) Welcome Chamnix, Bowsling, I. Larkin, and Templar X. Things are looking up.

I believe what we have now is good for two teams.

Hey guys,

as an owner of a fresh copy of Civ 5 :drool: I'll not join this party for now.

Although as a part time member of the civforum I'll lurk occasionally.

Have fun,
Paul

Hello again! I'm very gald that there are some guys here also understanding german and who are already active at the civforum (I thinking of Calis and Lanzelot). Perhaps they can help a little bit to communicate between the two sites.

I think we can now count on four teams, two Fanatics and two by the german civforum.
The next step imo is to mix the two traditions of former DGs. When different teams play together there of course must be some (or more) rules. Because of our former six DGs "our" rules have been grown up and adjusted several times. Before giving them to you in english, I'ld like to have a look on your DG-rules if there are some. How do you play your former DGs?
Comparing these rules would fast lead to a "rulebook" for both websites, I think.

For the ones who can read and understand german here our rules of the last DG: http://www.civforum.de/showpost.php?p=2979496&postcount=1

And there is an other important thing: We need a referee. There already is a guy wants to make referee for the civforum, but we think it would be right to have a secound one out of you guys. I hope we can find him.
Mean work imo for the referees would be making the map and controlling the turns, especially if there is a saveerror or something like that. For detailed things we can talk when it's time for that. Or you just ask, if you have questions.

I will try to have a look and compare the CFC MTDG rules with the CivForum ones...
Can you translate the CivForum DG rules to English, please? I read them but, Ich nix spreche Deutsch. So, as far as rules go, I'd have to take a pretty wide berth. With lots of wiggle room.

Thank you, Calis. Parade Rest....

Read translation. Thanks, Calis. But I did not understood simple thing: what kind of game "teams" play? Any AI? Or like team PBEM?

It will be a team PBEM. 4 teams. Civfanatics 2 teams will probably based on an SG style, but one may lean more towrds DG. It will be pretty much like all the Multi-Team Demo Games. Only this will also be a Multi-Site Game.

if anyone is interested I found that had this and didn't know it. I went to the german Forum hmm its in german LoL but after clicking on my toolbar I found that the page translated in a few seconds in English. it magic.

Thanks, Eclipse!

4. Diplomacy and communication between teams/players is not allowed before meeting in game.
and
5. Exchange of techs and joint research plans are allowed.
How to control 4? Looks that it contradict to 5.
Also what victory condition will be? How victory determined at all?

Victory is determined when the game ends. You can't do 5 until you meet the other team "in the game".

It looks like there will be two CFC teams. Each team will oppose the other and will have to choose their Victory Condition independantly.

Top Bottom