Culture as weapon...

Sn1p3rk1ll3

Warlord
I always wonder how much your cultural range expands depending on the amount of culture in your cities...

Example: 1 city with a cathedral and 27 culture (pop doesn't matter) can have a great cultural range, but later on, the same city and same culture can have a smaller cultural range (even if there aren't other cities nearby).

I want to try calculating how my cities culture would expand and see what you need to flip a city from a certain range.

I suspect that it has something to do with the era, population and your civs total culture.

Anyways, should someone know more, please let me know!

im not exactly sure, but the culture level on your smiley face on the diplomacy option, depends on how much cuture your making in total and how much population you have, always try to have more culture than pop

..also when your culture is at its maximum expansion level.. its borders will go out 4 tiles in circumference..

I believe that the reason your cultural borders are shrinking is due to the fact that cultural influence is based on how much culture you have vs how large your population is. Example; when starting a game with the French, your 27 cultural points divided by your 3 population equals a culture factor of roughly 3.3. Later in the game once you have 3 other cities and a total population of 10, your culture factor is down to roughly 2.7. If you never built any additional cultural buildings, you can see how your culture factor would diminish with your rate of expansion...

Hope that helps...

Top Bottom