Computer Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread II

sorry i sort of mixed up the words

That's why you should take a few seconds and reread what you're posting, so these kinds of misunderstandings don't occur.

Srsly.

When I had a concussion I couldn't think properly, same issue with several of my friends,
a concussion is essentially temporary brain damage
I'm pretty sure spelling and reading comprehension are in the same area
spelling is currently messed up so maybe comprehension is too?

for the answer check paragraph two on the wiki page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_of_connectors_and_fasteners

I can't say more because of what Turner said

If I have an IRC registered nick, and I use it but forget to enter the password and get kicked out, how long do I have to wait before trying to get back onto IRC?

You can try logging in immediately, but if you dont remember the password, you're just going to ned up getting kicked again and again.

You can try logging in immediately, but if you dont remember the password, you're just going to ned up getting kicked again and again.
Isn't there a limit as to how often one gets kicked for not entering the password? Or does that depend on the network one's logging into?

It depends on the network and how your nickserv/authserv account is set up. I know some people have a limit of a minute set up, so that if they dont authenticate within a minute, their nick gets changed to something random (guest34252 or something like that). In general though, you can try logging back in immediately. Whether or not that works depends on the network.

I have a zip file with a bunch of pictures in it. Im trying to send it to a friend but Gmail keeps claiming theres an exe file in it and won't let me upload it. I looked in the file and there is no exe even when I turn on the hidden files and I also looked with 7zip. I also rezipped it and tried reuploading it. Its impractical to send all the files individually as they are sorted into folders. Is there anything I can do other than upload to an external website? When I googled i found how to send EXE files but not what to do if there is no EXE file. I looked up gmail attachment misidentification and got all sorts of random stuff.

thank you.

Another question. With partitions is the data grouped in the same area of the physical HDD or is it all mixed up. I forgot if you should defrag the partitions separately or the whole drive at once.

I would think that it's a logical partitoning and not a physical one. Perhaps if you were to get some kind of program that would show you where the file is physically on the disc, you could use that to determine how it's partitioned.

A partition is a continuous block of space on a drive. You wont have Partition A -- Partition B -- Partition C -- Partition B -- Partition c and etc.

Seems to me that it would be more efficient to not try and shove all the files onto one side of the drive. Would also make the drive on the outer part of the partition slower...

Well, I'll take your word for it. I don't know much about partitioning on the hardware level.

hard drive probably have them together to improve seek times but SSDs might separate them

Should I install Vista's SP2 over SP1 for Home Premium?

I mean, is it worth it, will it actually be helpful or will I be more likely to see compatibility issues with programs, more not responding lunacy, etc.?

Yes, you should upgrade to SP2. It provides more patches, more fixes, and should make things work better, not worse.

Actually there hasnt been a real case of a SP making things worse. Overall, they make the OS better.

Top Bottom