Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Actually, we should be 100.000s having this problem...
But it is not the case as it seems to be very uncommon.
But only a very few are in "exotic" places....
It makes me thinking it is then a local problem, and the only comon point between all computers I used for tests is the mozambican wireless internet service provider: www.intra.co.mz ...

I guess this script triggers something with this ISP's server, and something is filtered or altered when reaching the client computer, making IE uncomfortable with what it receives.
Perhaps an anti-spam feature, perhaps this wysiwyg vbulettin script send strings looking like a virus and they use a "cheap" solution altering part of the packets (I would not be surprised... the place is not favorable for expensive things...) ... Interresting to know
Anyway, I am also in a place where packets can be "checked" in real time by some "security" forces...

The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 20 seconds.

I'm sure someone has asked this before...but why is the above statement regarding searches in place? To prevent the server from being overrun by multiple searches? Thanks.

Is there a way to implement some visual thing about how many infarctions you have and how many will lead to a ban. Like a percentage bar? I have a hard time trying to keep track.

Under current rules if you reach 8 active points, you are banned for a week. If you reach 15 active points, you are banned for 2 weeks.

In your profile, the infractions tab tells you have many active points you have. Compare that number to 8 or 15 to see how close you are to a ban.

For example, open the infractions tab of your profile. If the number at the top right were 6 points, then if you get 2 more points you would automatically be banned for a week because of accumulated points (6+2=8). As points expire, the number at the top of the list will change.

I'd like to have the Caesar part of my name removed. How would I go about doing so?

Send a private message to Thunderfall. Warning, it may take a long time, if not happening it at all. It comes bottom of all Admin issues.

I'd like to have the Caesar part of my name removed. How would I go about doing so?
Actually, you would get quicker results PMing Padma or ainwood.

Ah yes, I forget they are on the same level these days :)

"These days"? :confused: They've been admins for quite a long time now!

When you have been here as long as me ~8 years, there's the old times, the good times, and current events ;)

Strictly speaking, we're not. Padma & I are administrators. Thunderfall is the Super Administrator. There are some things that Padma & I can't do.

There are also some things Thunderfall cannot do as well. For instance, he cannot (Alone) ban every user on this site because that would take more time then he actually has to use, and by the time he was done, someone new would have joined;)

Also, is that why you changed your title from "The Law" to simply watching, since Thunderfall is the Law?;)

TF is not a vengeful god... As-long as we remember the occasional newbie sacrifice.

Top Bottom