My Antal1987-List

It would be great if IBCM weapont could be not a one-shot -unit. ther could be some realy interesting settings with a IBCM artilery

To add another point to the list, which is a minor bug and doesn't change gameplay, but perhaps can be easy fixed.
Opening the civilopedia a 1 pixel magenta line shows up at the right edge. Extending the right edge at the images civilopediaA.pcx - civilopediaG.pcx doesn't change it (the blue line goes far more right).

There images must have a size of 848 x 745 pixels, to be accepted by civ. A greater image is accepted but cut to the above mentioned size. The magenta line is at the 849. row.

Thanks for your outstanding work. It's a shame for the publisher that you can fix bugs they weren't able to.

Attachments

• civilopedia-bug.jpg
    civilopedia-bug.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 666
To add another point to the list, which is a minor bug and doesn't change gameplay, but perhaps can be easy fixed.
Opening the civilopedia a 1 pixel magenta line shows up at the right edge. Extending the right edge at the images civilopediaA.pcx - civilopediaG.pcx doesn't change it (the blue line goes far more right).

Fixed

Attachments

• Civ3Conquests_p4.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 698
Wow! this is like a new golden age (lets hope it's infinite!)

my request/suggestion (requestion?) is to take a look at the bug where you cant REALLY turn off barbarians in a scenario or conquest unless you start a game with the "New Game" button first, set it to no barbs, then quit to the main menu and start the scenario/conquest again.

Can transports be loaded onto other transports?

Can transports be loaded onto other transports?

Transports along with an army are unit containers. The game provides containers carry another containers (I can load an army onto a transport). So it's possible in theory. If you cannot do it in game, so this is just a constraint. It can be fixed.

On the same note of changing leader names with each era, what about changing civ names witg different eras?

Should it realy be changed after new era becomes? I think an aztecs, for instance, should called "aztecs" in modern era?

And would we need a new editor after a patch was made?

Maybe... But I heard about some fan-made editors... It's would be much easier to extend fan-made editor with sources than Firaxis's one with nothing...

Caution gentlemen :nuke:

Fixing and changing one thing after the other might crash the game OR even perhaps create new "bugs" we can´t see directly.
I know this is mind-boggling to say the least and I too easily get carried away with all the small and bigger things that are bugs and perhaps functional things that some off us thinks should be different.

Antal1987 you´re creating something close to hysteria to be sure. I hope you still can see the end game, and keep the fixing to a perfect working balance. Whatever we think and wish this game (as I see it) got great potentials, but it is what it is without major overhaul.

Fixing the major bugs like those in the beginning of the thread, without risking getting some side-effects, would be a leap forward and make yourself "immortal" in this forum.

Have in mind that the patches that scratch city and units max was a HUGE leap forward (of course also no-raze city). I think most agree that those surely helped the game to evolve many great mods.

In the end there could and should be just 1 new patch created by hopefully you Antal1987 that would fix bigger game related problems. Not 1 patch for each and every problem. :confused:
I think of future mods and scenarios in the coming future.

My thanks to you for trying and putting some valuable time on this :goodjob:

Now folks begin to hush me up ( I deserve it :sad:)

Fixing the major bugs like those in the beginning of the thread, without risking getting some side-effects, would be a leap forward and make yourself "immortal" in this forum.

That's why it's not enough using only debugger to patch the program. It's nessesary to have fully decrypted code parts involved into the behaviour to be patched. Only that approach can garantee no side effects.

In my expanded editor, it is possible with each era to change the NAme/Gender of a civilization leader, but also civilization name, list of names for Great Leader / Great Scientist, civilization traits, city list... It includes renaming the cities in the map (ex: Londinium becomes London).

Copies from another thrad.

Here are a few ideas for "fixes". I can list plenty other ideas for improvment based on the list I made when I exchanged with Firaxis to get the source code.

It's in a doc I made in 2008! 6 years already.
- Problem with the display of resources when there are to many (some “disappear” in the advisor screen)
- Units that can trigger a golden age can't go obsolete if you've not had a GA. Make it optional.
- A unit with hidden nationality and "0" defense can't be attacked
- Naval units can be rebased onto an airfield and can heal
- The “Resource Overflow Bug”, which only allows scenarios a maximum of 31 resources, otherwise free resources may be given out to certain cities with access to a resource which are not connected to the capital
- AI Agression levels 1&2 and 4&5 seem identical
- Fix “Disease Cured With” option
- When an invisible unit is attacked (submarine for instance):
• If the two civs are at war, battle, with an ambush bonus for the invisible unit
• If the two civs are not at war, then the invisible unit is revealed (for one turn), and the movement is cancelled.
- Chance of withdrawal based on speed difference (so a unit with 3 MP can withdraw from unit with 2 MP) --> this one would be AWESOME
- Glitch with the "fortify" flag, where a unit that can't fortify cannot sentry.
- If a unit can't fortify, the button is not there, but the unit can still be fortified with the contextual menu
- Make Scientific Leaders work
- Fix bug where Barbarian camps appear on map despite being turned OFF in the editor
- Fix bug with the immobile units and the "Load" flag; there is long standing belief among Civ3 vets that the "Load" flag in the AI Strategies, one that's needed in order for units to "Fortify" (noted elsehere, too, in this proposal), is the main culprit for games locking up/freezing or lagging really badly.
- Fix the bug in the "Reverse Capture the Flag" mode where civs alligned with one another exhibit very poor behavior in terms of actually returning the 'flag' units back to their respective VP locations (they'd be sent to the 'nearest VP' irregardless of whether said civ owned it).
- Change the "ignore terrain", which is useless (or all units need at least 2 MP) into a "preferred" terrain that would give movement and Combat bonus. Add cities in the list.
- Give a withdrawal chance to each unit (variable, instead of depending on MP)
- Fix bug where worker units need all worker actions checked if it is to be used properly by the AI
- Correct the placement of resources when there are to many of them
- The "OFF" button for "Corruption & waste" doesn't work
- Fix "Cures Disease on Flood Plains" bug

And these are mosty the "fixes", I have much more small / medium / large improvments in my list

I'll post more later.

If you manage to make some of them, maybe I'll come back to civ3!

I know there are a lot of requests. Please consider this very-low-priority unless it interests you:

Can you give us some insight into how worker automation is done? Where is the code, is it different or the same for AI worker choices versus player's automated worker choices, what options do we have to influence worker priorities or decisions?

Thanks!

Antal1987,
have you by chance looked into what makes the AI totally F-ck up using artillery ???

Considering all the fine artillery/SPG models that has been made over the years it´s a humongus shame that they can´t be used by the AI in their correct roles.

As mentioned in many threads it looks like artillery captured by the AI are being used correctly, but all "own"-made just stays in the cities.
Hundreds of tries have been made to fool the AI to use it correctly (or satisfactory to gamers) but the AI has mostly used it in "her" own way (not at all that is)

I think I have seen that earlier Civ3 (vanilla or PTW) had a better working artillery, but I´m not sure. At least getting artillery to be used as the AI handles ship bombardment would be a great step forward for this game.

Top Bottom