Welcome New Members

Hi all. While Ive had Civ3 in my possession for a few years now, I NEVER attempted to play it as the manual alone overwhelmed me. I'm a lover of strategy games in general [AoW: SM, fav thus far] & hope to acquire the addiction of Civ3 & perhaps Civ4 too. Looking forward to camaraderie & those willing to share their patience & knowledge of these games.
1ofmany.

Hey all,

I purchased Civ4 a couple of days a go, even though I've never played a Civ game before, as I was in the mood for strategy.

I hope that I won't be let down (I'm not so far) and that I will continue to play Civ for quite some time!

Regards
EVF

Hi all.
Been a Civ gamer since Civ II (I think). Played Civ III to death, and am REALLY curious as to what the mods are for Civ IV. Have heard conflicing reports, and have just bought the game (literally - about an hour ago).
Will be playing it over the weekend, and will hopefully get many a message across to the forums here and at evo-games.net, where I'm playing a committee-based Civ IV game - RealPOLITIK. So far it seems great.

I've been a member of CFC for a while. I never got around to posting anything, but I've voted in many polls and downloaded countless mods for Civ III and IV. Why post now? I'm more bored than I was previously, and I feel that I have more to offer, having beat the game on higher difficulty levels (never on Deity, though).

I like European heavy metal, live in New York, and am 33. Besides that, I think it's all irrelevent, isn't it?

Hi there! My name is Christina and I just stumbled upon this forum today.

I recently purchased Civ IV (the first Civ game I've bought actually) and I LOVE it! Totally addicting. Actually, between this game and the Sims 2 it's a wonder I ever actually get anything done.

Anyway, I'm 21 years old and I'm a Veterinary Technician at the local animal hospital. I have 3 Labrador Retrievers (my other obsession) that I absolutely spoil rotten. I'm also planning on becoming a professional dog trainer within the next few years and I also plan on going back to school to major in Psychology.

Well, I think that's it. Nice to meet you all!

Hello! I'm a jobless bum who just stumbled on this site this site a few minutes ago (It's 11:35 PM here). I have owned Civ III a while now, and like it quite a lot. In my opinion it is an engaging, enjoyable game.

Now a little personal information. I'm just shy of twenty years old, and am in the process of trying to get into college. I buy games and so on using money that I earn through various odd jobs around my home.

Hey everyone,
I'v been a visiter to civ fanatics for a long time now, ever since I got Civ III years ago, but never joined up. I hav civ IV (pre-ordered it) and play it regularly. I lov all the modding you guys do.
Im a senior in HS, so compared to some rlly young. Im also good at programming for the web and think I can transfer those skills to xml ect...
Peace

Hi all!
I'm new to the computer world of Civ. I bought Civ4 with some gift cards I received for Christmas, and I'm still working on the settler version. With kids, i don't get to play much.

However, I played the board game Civilization many many years ago (and I do mean many)

The site kept telling me that I was a new member (I am), so I am posting this quick intro to remove that message from my screen. Finally able to get the game to work on my computer (needed the latest patch) and I found this site. Hope I can find help and answers to questions that I have.

Modifying or creating maps, 'hotseat' games.

Hey new member but been playing for some time back to the civ 2 days.
yet to play online though looking forward to it

Hello everyone,I am afairly new person to the civ world but am very addict playing the game hours at a time.Look forward to learning more and more.

Hi everyone,

I am by no means new to the world of civ. Played my first uneasy chieftain turns of the original CIV back in 1992 (Am I the only one who always thought of settlers as smiley faces?) - screwed up a few final exams as a result but it was worth it.

After that, I became a continual latecomer. When CIV II was released, my comp was so old, it took about half a minute to move my first settler from one square to another. Dont worry: a few years later I lost a lot of sleep learning to dominate the CIV II world.

By the time CIV III was released, I immediately immersed myself, but having just become a content productive citizen myself, with a girlfriend no less, I never found the time to really master the game.

Since a few months, I have a little more time on my hands and decided to dedicate some of it to Conquests, at which I now consider myself an intermediate player. Last week I won my first game at Monarch with Japan - I love the Samurai, for the 4/4/2 ofcourse, but even more for the sound and movement of it's sword *shwoosh-twingg-shwoosh*.

Of course I am aware of the fact that C-IV is now available, but I decided to learn to master Conquests first, to extend my total enjoyment of the whole CIV-legacy.

I stumbled on CFC recently when I was looking for some details and strategy concerning Armies. I felt really stupid when I realised discussing strategy, bugs etc. with fellow fanatics via the internet has been possible for years (duh...) but never did. Guess I was to focussed on my early days of exchanging floppy's with my school friends.

Well, to make a long boring story short and sharp:
I intend to join in some COTM games, to deflate my ego with regard to having mastered the game, tho I guess it will not be long before I cannot resist the C-IV temptation anymore.

Hello everyone

I've just recently got Civ4 when I was looking for a good turn based game... and now I'm hooked on trying out random maps with marathon speed (I love being actually able to use my units for a while).

I'm from Switzerland and even tho I found a mod in which one could play as Swiss (go Swiss Mercenaries go! :p) I still have to find a way to add it to Sevo's great mod :king: .

Best Wishes from Switzerland

Reisiger

Hello!
I have been a fan of the Civ series for years but am not too sure about buying Civ4....
is there a Map Editor programme as in the other? I always preferred to make up my own scenarios; am a great believer in "What if.." scenarios.

Top Bottom