Ensuring Space Flight

NoCure

Chieftain
I've been trying to figure out the fastest way to get all the techs, and just finished a game where I managed to get the Apollo program very early in the game after burning a few great scientists and a great builder to jump techs. Sadly, I rushed the Oxford University as part of this and got Globalization, which was useless. Has anyone experimented about which techs are needed to ensure getting Space Flight from the Oxford University? I saw mikewest's Ultimate Tech Tree gives some advice on how to predict what you get, but didn't see if anyone had experimented on AVOIDING other techs.
As part of that game I tried to minimize the steps to Space Flight, getting only the key techs to unlock bonuses and useful terrain. I held a builder and a few scientists for most of the game for the final push, but it would have been much quicker to get Space Flight from Oxford and avoid even more prerequisite techs.
Also, if anyone does try this technique, I highly recommend NOT getting Atlantis if you can help it/prevent your opponents from doing so. Three free Future Technology techs turn cities into monsters of growth, production and science, especially if you have harbors/are playing the Japanese.

Top Bottom