News: GOTM 123 Results and Congratulations

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
I’m guessing this proved a tough game, since of the 6 entries it attracted, 2 retired! That meant that if you were one of the four who managed to win, you were guaranteed an award of some description – even if, in damnrunner’s case, it was simply the lowest scoring domination shield!

Cactus Pete secured an amazing 1210AD domination. Pretty incredible considering you had to fight your way off the starting island before you could start dominating. Noone else got anywhere near that date. Dhoomstriker managed space in 1856AD, while Zhary pulled conquest in 1745AD. Dhoomstriker managed the highest number of awards: Silver medal, fastest spaceship, cow, and lowest scoring space. I don’t think it’s often that you manage to win those last two awards simultaneously!

And since so few got anywhere, I'll give a special mention to the remaining two entries: ub40 and craigholl - well done for getting as far as you did on a hard map. And helping to keep the game going ;)

Congrats everyone!

Summary of Medal Winners:

Cactus Pete: 1210 AD Domination Victory, 276,139 points.

Dhoomstriker: 1856 AD Spaceship Victory, 97,604 points.

Zhary: 1745 AD Conquest Victory, 77,499 points.

Other Award Winners:

damnrunner: 1844 AD Domination Victory, 45,913 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Thanks for the fun game! Seeing the map reminds me how it was frustrating to spot a goodie hut but be unable to grab it. Huts being on was only for the benefit of the AIs.

Also, I got tricked into avoiding Animal Husbandry, yet the Horse Resource seems so deceptively close... that is, until you play out the game and find yourself settling along the River to the south with Flood Plains and Gold. Only later in the game did I look up the map type after having conquered the two southern AIs while still not having access to a Horse Resource... oh yeah, Oasis, with it's "Horses in the north" approach (except where removed by the map maker on our island, heh heh).

Overall, I enjoyed the game a lot. Thank you for hosting it and thanks go out to all who participated! :)

Concur with Dhoom that it was a fun game. Wish more had participated. Much appreciated that these Vanilla maps are continuing.

I also really liked this game, but somehow didn't have time for it for some weeks and then forgot about the deadline. I got to 1060 with the Germans and Greeks reduced significantly, looking at it now I think I'd gotten to a 1400s domination or something. 1210 sounds very good indeed! :goodjob:

I played until about 100 AD and had fun. Unlike others I settled the horses as soon as possible and had a rather successful war against Incaland with war chariots.
Than didn't have time any more to conplete within the month, unfortunately.

Congratulations to the victorious!
Though not having submitted this time, I enjoyed the map and, Like Cactus_Pete, I really appreciate that vanilla games continue!

Top Bottom