Civ crashing :(

Auro Astum

Chieftain
Civ crashes on me after a few turns whever I play a game. After my computer boots back up windows tells me this.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 00000003
BCP2: 85465B60
BCP3: 83177AE0
BCP4: 870BCA30
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\020511-38797-01.dmp
C:\Users\Jon's PC\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-65520-0.sysdata.xml

Any idea what that means or what I might do to fix the problem?

Im running the game on Windows 7 with a Dual-Core Compaq on a ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Graphics card if that helps.

1.60 GHz of processor power

I had to jump through alot of hoops to get this game and get it to work so if anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Did this computer come with win 7? If not then you need a new computer. If it did, then you need a faster processor. 1.8 is the bare minimum. You will have to have everything on the lowest setting, and small maps.

It could be a lot of different things.

What comes to mind:

1. Hardware Issue
a. Power Supply
b. Memory
c. Overheating?

2. Drivers Issue

It could be something else too. I don't know the best way to diagnose blue screen problem, you could try to get support from Microsoft.

No offense, but your computer is outdated and will never run Civ5 well, even if you spend 10 hours trying to fix this error. The best fix is a $500-$1500 computer replacement, depending on your budget and what you want. If you don't upgrade, you should stick to older games [many of which are fantastic].

Civ actually runs really well on my computer. I have no idea why but it does run well. It just crashes at complete random. :(

Civ actually runs really well on my computer. I have no idea why but it does run well. It just crashes at complete random. :(

I would chalk it up to faulty coding. I have had one BOD. For some reason on the below spec computer the sloppy coding will not release memory properly, or the machine is not fast enough to handle the release. Sometimes my computer while loading a saved game will get to a certain point and just reboot. I also get a snag that leaves the video at the lowest settings possible and you cannot even reset it under windows, unless you reboot the computer. There is something about a video overlay that steam itself may be using, that may be interferring.

Yeah I probably should have elaborated. civ has very little slowdown or stuttering even on the highest settings. I'll look into upgrading though, but what I don't get is why my comp can run games with higher requirements than this.

I wouldn't bother spending money for a new computer, I spent almost 2500 € not so long ago to replace my old computer and Civ5 always crash in the end game.

It might help but you might still get crashes yeah. You could also try turning down the settings and see if that helps (especially the leader screen, apparently there's an issue with that for some people).

I wouldn't bother spending money for a new computer, I spent almost 2500 € not so long ago to replace my old computer and Civ5 always crash in the end game.

How the hell did you spend 2500 euros on a computer? You could easily get an amazing one for half that much in Canada (it works out to ~$3300 CAD, good grief man!).

I built the computer my self and got little carried away when doing the order. :)

Top Bottom