Arabs ancient era bonus broken?

Alexandru

Chieftain
The Arabs ancient era bonus is "+50% caravan gold" however I have never got more than the regular caravan amount (which is 50 gold in the first stages of game). Did anyone got increased caravan gold in any game with the Arabs?

I'm a bit confused by this too. It seems everyone gets the same bonus from caravans during the ancient age, so the Arabs' caravans bonus really doesn't kick in until later on. Overall, it's a pretty weak bonus, but their other bonuses make up for it.

I don't feel it kicks on even later in the game.. caravan gold is bigger when the destination towns are bigger and when you advance the era but I don't feel it's any different than what you get from 'normal' caravans.

I think thats because caravans you get from barbarians always give a base 50gold regardless of distance to city.

The only way to increase their income would be if the civ you're sending the caravan to is in age2 [in which case you'd get 75g].

Normal caravans probably do take the 50% into account when calculating the profit from build-city to target-city.

Top Bottom