[Graphics] Divine Units

Nice.:goodjob: I love the detailwork. That hair is awesome. I'd say your time on the cape was well spent, because the shadowing is perfect.

I can't wait to get my hands on it. :)

Muchos gracias guys!!!

The face is redone, as is the collar.
I'm just gonna rebalance some colours, doing some filterwork and prepare for the final obj.save.

I'm leaving now, but in a few hours, I'm gonna be back and post the final pics.

Laters-
ayreos

P.S.
Any preferences regarding new models?

Greetings,

I have some trouble converting the final psd to dds- so Ill downoad another converter and give it another shot tonight. Any recommendations?

The Arachne? Can do.
I'll set my deadline to sunday, again. (one week seems like a sensible schedule for me, right now)
She will be interesting to model and a bit more complex.

When I will come to the orcs, however, I must insist on ditching that awful double axe. A Big Axe or Mace or Flail, whatever. Might even do a concept.

P.S: Anyway, here are the repainted head, nearly forgot about posting them- sorry

Attachments

• head_2.JPG
    head_2.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 257
  • head_1.JPG
    head_1.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 278
  • head_3.JPG
    head_3.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 262
Greetings,

I have some trouble converting the final psd to dds- so Ill downoad another converter and give it another shot tonight. Any recommendations?

P.S: Anyway, here are the repainted head, nearly forgot about posting them- sorry
Looks awesome.
If you want, feel free to email me your psd file and I can convert it to dds. I use the nvidia dds converter and never have issues with it.
When I will come to the orcs, however, I must insist on ditching that awful double axe. A Big Axe or Mace or Flail, whatever. Might even do a concept.
Whats wrong with a double axe? I know its technically not usable, but I feel it is definately frightning to be attacked by it.

Hi,

been busy with the dark elf chick, but, alas, I couldn't finish the texturing as I've got serious Maya glitches. Have been working on some workarounds (installing four year old drivers and telling the graphic card to behave like a Geforce Quadro) and I believe she will be finished tuesday.

If the next model will be a simple one, I should still maintain my next "till sunday" schedule. Any wishes here?

ayreos

p.s. concerning the double axe; it looks just too cheesy in my eyes, kinda like some Klingon weapons or the (relatively) new fantasy fad: equipping lady knights with armored high heels.

Hi,

been busy with the dark elf chick, but, alas, I couldn't finish the texturing as I've got serious Maya glitches. Have been working on some workarounds (installing four year old drivers and telling the graphic card to behave like a Geforce Quadro) and I believe she will be finished tuesday.

If the next model will be a simple one, I should still maintain my next "till sunday" schedule. Any wishes here?

ayreos
When can we get our hands on the Feywarden (Priest of Correllon) so we can finish it and add it to the mod? You can PM or email it to me or win.

As for the next model, just work your way down the list in whatever order pleases you.
p.s. concerning the double axe; it looks just too cheesy in my eyes, kinda like some Klingon weapons or the (relatively) new fantasy fad: equipping lady knights with armored high heels.
Then just give him a large battle axe in each hand and we'll rig it to the berserker animation.

Oops, nearly forgot that! Mail is on it's way-sorry.

Twin Axes are fine with me.

Progress with the elven gal is slow. Hopefully tomorrow I've got some spare time.
As model is fairly complex and the reference is not very low poly friendly, this is the toughest one of the divine bunch. Please consider that.
At minimum, I need another six hours for finishing and creating the hair, hip region, weapon and shield textures.

So, let's say thursday.

-ayreos

If she's going to be a single unit per group then you can have more polys in your budget. :) People can always upgrade their system too. Don't be bashful.

Oops, nearly forgot that! Mail is on it's way-sorry.

Twin Axes are fine with me.

Progress with the elven gal is slow. Hopefully tomorrow I've got some spare time.
As model is fairly complex and the reference is not very low poly friendly, this is the toughest one of the divine bunch. Please consider that.
At minimum, I need another six hours for finishing and creating the hair, hip region, weapon and shield textures.

So, let's say thursday.

-ayreos
Take another week to finish it if needed, I'm not in a rush. And as woodelf stated, she will be a single unit group, so a higher poly count can be used.

I'll work on some of the mesh clipping issues with the lower robes, to get it to run more smoothly. This is a great looking model Alex. :goodjob: Lots of detail is visible in-game.

Evening guys,

thanks you for your kind words. My thanks go to winddelay and Darque for taking care of the rest.
I can't wait to see the Elf frolic around Dragonia (read: kill orcs).

The darkelven gal is 95% finished. I've had so much trouble with her, it will be such a relief to finish her tomorrow evening. The model uses lots of alphas, something I wanted to avoid with the first model (hence his blocky sword) cause Maya is a . .. .. .. .. . when it comes to rendering them. So work was sloooww.
She has a very powerful color scheme, I even had to make her shield rather bland to balance this and avoid a peacockish look.

Sleep well, Dragonia.

I'm a bad person....

I couldn't resist and tweaked some more of the elves' vertices and colour maps!

Mark my words:
the shining blade shall be finished next sunday!

I will send the .dds and .objs tomorrow, and here are the previews.

Feel free to comment, especially about
- Haircolour (I have some additional hues on a seperate layer, so this can be tweaked in a matter of seconds)
- hair shape (without extra alpha polys? From afar, her hair looks def. more wild and streaky)
-shoulder pads (the only part I dislike and couldn't find an suitable alternative)
-eyes (I like the white eyes, there're so few pixels you cannot really paint sparkling, colouful eyes-sorry)

See ya-
ayreos

P.S:
Server doesn't seem to accept uploads
Pics coming tomorrow morning before I leave the house.

That looks great. Nice work. I can't wait to get my hands on it. You scared me a second when you said you tweaked the elves vertices... I thought you were talking about the feywarden. I really did'nt want to rig that guy again... :)

Top Bottom