Dragonia II Beta 1 Bug thread

Darque

Chaotic Lord of Dragonia
Going forward, lets keep bugs found in Dragonia II Beta 1 posted and discussed here. When posting bugs, please be as descriptive as possible.

Downloads:
Download Here
Download Media Pack The Media pack contains enhanced wonder videos
Download Patch 1.0.2 Here

v1.0
- initial version

---------------------------------
v1.0.1
-Discovering Dark Seldarine Religion produced a Feywarden instead of an Arachne.
-CTD when mouseover on Mercenary icon
-Python exceptions related to missing tags (ERA_INDUSTERIAL, TECH_MONOTHIESM)
-Seems this would have been related to missing tags issue
-Created a settler and received the "First gunpowder unit, first helicopter unit", etc message.
-Mercenary Mod balance issues
-War script bug fix/tweaking
-Change great person units to not use Modern GP graphics
-Cause Disease spell not working
-New process - Idle
-Updates to Guilds (More updates to the guilds will be made in Beta 2)
-New flavor unit graphics - Airship

---------------------------------
v1.0.2
-Fixed CTD in Mercenary Mod when placing a hired merc

Known Issues
-The insane trait and adaptive trait do not yet work correctly.
-Guilds are still not implemented properly. I plan on finishing guilds in Beta 2

Not sure, but when I have been playing, the techs on the other civ's are not showing up weather or not they will trade.

Example: One civ had Musketmen and I did not. when I contacted them it listed what techs I had but did not show them with any techs. Figured that if they had a tech that they wish not trade it would be in red.

Is this a bug?? Or a set up in the game?

I didn't change that aspect of the game. I think that it is normal in the game not to list techs that both civilizations have during diplomacy trading. If all the shared techs were listed, it would make that screen very crowded. (Imagine 100 techs listed on both sides)

Very Cool MOd! Love the fantasy Mods, I am a bug RPG guy myself. My problem is this: The mod loads fine I start, and then everything moves very slow, almost frame by frame. I have the new patch but as I am new to mods, I am not sure how to instal it and where. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I've found some bugs, other than the randomly quiting bug.

-Almost all of the improvements can be built ontop of an ancient forest, without destroying it. Is this intentional?

-Bronze Working before Mining... Intentional?

-Alphabet says it enables tech trading, but you can trade without it.

PinkPikachu, although I agree with you, one thing to note is that this is a Beta 1 Version. I believe the Darque and the others are working to correct all these things. Not sure whether it's intentional bout the ancient forest. But the bronze working I bet will be fixed. Also, if the person you are trading with has alphabet, but you don't, then you can still trade with em.
One suggestion, by the way, make sure you have the patch 1.0.2 and the mediapack(though the mediapack doesn't do anything other than give you the music and sounds specifically for this game) installed.
Also, check whether you have defragmented your computer lately. Because if there are too many fragmented files, it affects the performance of your computer. This won't affect the program directly. It will, however, make all of your computer programs, I mean all, go faster.

• It is intentional that all improvements can be built on top of ancient forest. This gives the elves a slight advantage, as well as promoting the Elves' affiinity towards forests.
  • It is also intentional that bronze working requires pottery and mining requires prospecting. A blacksmith doesn't need to know how to mine for ore does he? And on the flip side, a miner doesn't necessarily know how to create a sword out of the ore he mines.
  • You can trade techs if either you or the leader you are trading with has alphabet.
Also, check whether you have defragmented your computer lately. Because if there are too many fragmented files, it affects the performance of your computer. This won't affect the program directly. It will, however, make all of your computer programs, I mean all, go faster.
I agree. My new favorite defragmentation program is Tune-Up Utilities 2008. It also includes a bunch of other tools to help your computer run better.

• It is also intentional that bronze working requires pottery and mining requires prospecting. A blacksmith doesn't need to know how to mine for ore does he? And on the flip side, a miner doesn't necessarily know how to create a sword out of the ore he mines.

• That is true, people had stone tools far before Bronze... Maybe you could reflect the difference between stone and metal tools by not having a tech requirement to chop forest, but it is incredibly slow and you don't recieve a bonus unless you have accsess to metals? (A copper ax would chop more efficiently than a stone one). Maybe have the same for all improvements? It would make metal a far more vaulable resource.

As easy as that might sound to you, I as someone who understands that modders already have to change so much code that it prolly gets annoyin, say that would be a lot of unnecessary work.

If its really important to chop down forests at the beginning of the game, I could do that and triple the time it takes to do ALL improvements. Then when Bronze Working or better yet, Metal Casting is discovered, I would remove that penalty.

Hi, just started playing this mod and I am very impressed with it. The feel and look is really great.
I played without the patch and it seemed to go fine but the next game I played with the patch and my "priests" cast spells once and these spells seem to remain in play permanently but the unit shows as having cast. This could be a change in the mod (the first game I played with the Thay, this one with the Jhish).
Do I need to reinstall?
Yours Aye
Shenig

Sounds like this issue is localized to your system. The way the Python script works, after a spell is cast, the caster receives the "Has Casted" promotion, preventing further spells from being cast. At the start of your next turn, the "Has Casted" is removed once more allowing the spells to be cast.

I suggest you remove the Dragonia mod, and reinstall it, including the patch.

Btw about the marshterrain issue. It can be solved in the way you just remove the bonus(swamp) and link the nif for the marshgrass to the feature instead(make sure the riverartboolean is set to 0). this way you can also have other ressources on marshterrain and the floodplains dds is hardly visible with Rhye's marshterrain anyway(the terraintexture should probably get pimped up some day as well - but there are more important issues for me now;)).

Edit: well what's weird now is that sometimes the mapgenerators misses to put the feature on top of the terrain if beside a river:crazyeye:. but that's still better than having marshgrass spawned on plains imo.

Hmmm, the problem persists. Mind you 'm running it under Vista where I cannot unzip straigth into the Mod folder but am having to unzip it and then copy and paste it into the mod folder. Could this be having the effect of corrupting the install?

Hmmm, the problem persists. Mind you 'm running it under Vista where I cannot unzip straigth into the Mod folder but am having to unzip it and then copy and paste it into the mod folder. Could this be having the effect of corrupting the install?
I'm not sure. Have you tried using 7-zip to unpack the mod? If you are unpacking things manually, you may accidentally be missing something.

Btw about the marshterrain issue. It can be solved in the way you just remove the bonus(swamp) and link the nif for the marshgrass to the feature instead(make sure the riverartboolean is set to 0). this way you can also have other ressources on marshterrain and the floodplains dds is hardly visible with Rhye's marshterrain anyway(the terraintexture should probably get pimped up some day as well - but there are more important issues for me now;)).

Edit: well what's weird now is that sometimes the mapgenerators misses to put the feature on top of the terrain if beside a river:crazyeye:. but that's still better than having marshgrass spawned on plains imo.
I'll add this info to our Trac system, and when I work on tackling the issue, I'll give it a try. Need to finish the spell system first ;)

Game crashes as soon as I'm trying to build a city with the first settler... (with Dragonia mod only, of cause, 'normal' game works fine)
Are there any restrictions I'm not aware of, like the mod not working under Vista or whatever? Any ideas what might cause this?

Top Bottom