Largest city ever made?

Landtuber

Chieftain
Hello all. I've been playing Civ games for years, and lurking on these forums for years as well.

I recently spent some time looking at some older posts and found one related to the biggest city ever made. For some reason it got into my brain, so I played a game tonight to see how big I could get a city.

Civilization V: BNW, latest updates, Random map (Large Islands), Legendary Start, Venice, Chieftan (screw the AI, I'm here for food!), played until Time Victory (2050).

Behold, my size 120 city! I screwed up a lot throughout though, forgot about "We Love the King" bonuses, so probably could get significantly more. How big can you get yours?

Attachments

• Civ 5 Venice (Huge City).jpg
    Civ 5 Venice (Huge City).jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 4,766
Hi @Landtuber!

I didn't really focus on how big my Venice get until I had around 70 citizens. Then I managed to get 122 citizens until 1923.

Note that I had the Emigration/Immigration mod enabled which was a huge help. I focused on Production the whole time after I reached 4 citizens, but after 60-80 citizens it doesn't really matter. I had 9-10 ships headed to Venice with food but just after 80 citizens, before that I focused on Production shipping to build as many wonders as I can.

Gold: I built all the Corporations and kept all shares (this is another mod). Played through Emperor level without any war.

Civilization V: BNW with latest updates, Legendary Start, Venice, Emperor, @1923, 513 turn, 2743 pnt vs 1142 (2nd player), 40 wonder.

Attachments

• _Civ5Screen0007.jpg
    _Civ5Screen0007.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 709
What is the Corporation Mod called. Is it like IV with the Sushi and Mine etc. Corps?

Also what's the Immigration Mod?

Brew God

What is the Corporation Mod called. Is it like IV with the Sushi and Mine etc. Corps?

Also what's the Immigration Mod?

Brew God

The Community Balance Patch has corporations:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=541569

Here's an excerpt from the changelog.

There are seven distinct Corporations in the game, each of which becomes available once you have researched the Corporation's Technology during the Modern Age. Each Corporation has a specific set of Resource Monopolies that it relies upon - if you do not have at least one of these Resourc e Monopolies, you will not be able to found the Corporation. Once these two requirements are met, you need to construct the 'Headquarters' of the Corporation in one of your Cities. These buildings are World Wonders, so only one player in the world may found each Corporation! Furthermore, once you have founded a Corporation, you cannot found another one, so make sure you like the one you pick!

There is also a standalone mod called Corporations that was modelled on the Civ4 system:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=171044751

The Emigration mod has the concept of unhappy civilizations losing their people to happier civs through emigration:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=388983

I've never played Emigration, so I can't comment on it. But Community Balance Patch is awesome - that I can attest to!

On the original topic of the thread: I've never come remotely close to building a 120 size city but, to be honest, I haven't really tried. I wonder if the Inca could build a 200+ population city in a perfect Terrace Farm map?

Top Bottom