Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! Which is really annoying and an exploit if I have ever seen one! So that is why I said to keep them from having pillage.

Its all mookie at this point.

Can we really just name someone to be in charge of further development? I really think that that would be rude (and unfair) to Rhye. If we were to further utilize it as a base for scenarios well and good, but just stealing his mod and working on it? Thats a bit much!

It will be sad to see him go, but he will be back for Civ4 (...unless he wants a lot of unhappy visitors ;p) and, to be honest, the guy deserves a break! I mean Feb=>Dec has basically been him hunting down units, answering posts, making stuff, balancing, playtesting, writing, researching, desiging... etc!

I may not agree with all the changes made (for instance the ability to move in desert ;p) but without a doubt we should all be grateful for what we have and willing to let him rest!

So I say we thank him and move on and (of course) personalize the thing ;p

Thanks Rhye! Merry Christmas!

What if there was a new resource, like patriotism for example, hidden under the starting settler location in America.
Then could we make a wonder requiring patriotism (a resource only America has) that increases American production ability. An we could reveal the resource at whatever time period we want the wonder to be produced.

Then again, I do little to no modding, so I'm not even sure if this is possible.
Just a thought
-LPJ

Uh, I can't seem to find certain units. The african settler is no where. Others arn't found. How do I get this to work?!!

laxpimpj said:
What if there was a new resource, like patriotism for example, hidden under the starting settler location in America.
Then could we make a wonder requiring patriotism (a resource only America has) that increases American production ability. An we could reveal the resource at whatever time period we want the wonder to be produced.

Then again, I do little to no modding, so I'm not even sure if this is possible.
Just a thought
-LPJ

It is possible, and America already has mustangs. Patriotism isn't a natural resource, and America doesn't need anymore beefing up.

Three_Crowns said:
Well, Rhye has called it, but we can still continue our debate ;)
You could have privateers and bucaneers roaming freely around protected by any other sea and land unit. With a RoP they would be safe to pillage all they want.
Whoa. I hadn't thought of that. I now strongly oppose having hidden-nationality Buccaneers. But it would be alright if Buccaneers had normal nationality... As long as they're cheaper than Colonial Infantry, weaker, and have no support, they would be to Col Inf as Partisan is to Fusilier.
I have some ideas about continued development for the mod, but out of respect for Rhye I will hold my tongue until he is done with his awesome work.

Ok, so I'm a little confused as to what was decided as the final outcome for ships.

What was added and changed??

Thanks!!!

Of course we must continue to be involved. But somebody has to be in charge of compiling the Biq and stuff. There has to be a central leader in the team.

Jaguar said:
Of course we must continue to be involved. But somebody has to be in charge of compiling the Biq and stuff. There has to be a central leader in the team.

It could be open source.

Rhye said:
-> EW, what year was it?

2026, give or take. it was a standard size map, 6 civs total. i had a tech lead and was a half dozen techs or so from the end of the industrial age.

Hey Rye, I would just like to thank you for making this great mod. I have played civ since the days of civ1, and this modpack concludes the very best of the game. :)

Max rating of course, and also thanks to the guys who assisted you :goodjob:

Me naming a successor? It would be unkind and unfair.

But I think that the team, led by Aeon, Blasphemous or anybody else wants(any of you that knows a little of the editor can hold the biq. It's better to keep only one copy of it.), can make good quality historical scenarios, putting the cities and adapting what's needed.

Without counting your own version of the mod.
Any of you can continue those discussions and expand the mod with new civs or new units. A sort of "unofficial" continuation. I'd prefer to see historical scenarios, anyway; I could even give some feedback.

But before this, let's fill the strategy guides page!

p.s. Thanks Aeon. It's even worse: it's Nov '03 => Dec '04! I started drawing the Earth map only few days after the day I had Conquests.

When I try to download it, winzip is telling me I need a password to unzip it. I'm trying to download it to C/program files/infogrames/civ3/conquests/scenarios, but it won't go. I didn't have this problem with the other mods. Same thing happened when I tried to download the readme/install instructions. Help!

Well, if Rhye is cool with it, I would nominate Blas' to head up any mod team. He has shown the most interest (in number of posts), has had many original ideas and (I think) understands the editor and game concepts well enough to know whether something works or not.

It might be polite to start a new thread though....

If you guys want me to head the team, fine. I'd be honored to. But I must warn you that I lose motivation over a while if not stimulated by others, so do not ever expect me to keep on taking initiative and doing stuff without constant discussion.
I think our team's priorities for the mod should be as such:
1. Annihilating any bugs that surface after the final patch, and tweaking the mod's balance if any major imbalance appears.
2. Completing the help and guides on the website.
3. Making the mod easily installable (which seems to be close to completion now with MM's help. :goodjob: )
4. Creating scenarios and alternate version of the mod, and continuing development beyond what exists in RoX.
Number four is the one I look forwards to the most, yet the other three are more important.
Anyway, enough talk of the future for now. We will arrange a team structure and working arrangements once the last patch is out.

I have some other random upgrading stuff to report.

I dont remember if this has already been said, but bombers dont upgrade to heavy bombers. Also carriers dont upgrade.

Also, Ironclads (European version) dont upgrade to Dreadnoughts, yet they do upgrade to Battleships. I looked in the editor, and it appears that this is either intentional or an accident, as it says that they upgrade to Battleships. I would change that so there arent as many antiquated ships running around.

This is all version 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom