Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhye said:
In that case a lowered population and terrain dominance could increase the excitement even more. Now it is 40 and 30. It could be 35 and 25. Together with 10k/35k (just to say a round value) for the cultural

Absolutely. :)
Again, just let's see what the AI can achieve in this - and then think about to combine it with what is our goal is with the setting...

For dominance: I can imagine it even lower than 35/25 - again, I believe that the main goal should be to have the game challenging and interesting for tha human player - so the human should meet "danger of AI winning... :)"...

I do not think I ever have seen an AI getting near the domination limit in RoC/RoCX. So, I would keep it high as a challenge for the player (Not that 25% is not high in RoCX :) ). The 40% population, however, does not seem a problem, it is achievable with a 15% land coverage of, more or less, pop. 5 cities.

:( This mod means plays as fun game not ?

I don'nt play mods for fighting

Of course, me too, want the game to be fun!

But I say we need challenges in the game, galloping to the end from early-industrial age with no serious AI contestant is all nice but fun, too? I hold that doubtful (esp. with the longer loading time that develop in late game)

Now, one may suggest me to move up a diff. level if I need that much challenge but, hey, I say that the game RoC/X is tuned to be most realistic on emperor level, so I think of fine-tuning it with that keeping in mind...

I've tried Micromegas's installer. It's really good.
Now after the patch I'll merge the 2 readmes into one, and you'll have to guide me a bit about the license thing.
I'd like to use a different icon, too. I'll see if I can draw it.

I also think that the installer should contain the "Expanded" only, with no biq for basic RoC.

Hey, I tried to google for the answer but couldn't find any, so I'll just ask...

Why is the turn limit in RoCX 400? And why won't it let me increase it at all? Talking about a random map, and I set the turn limit to 1000, and throughout the game it showed me (in the victory status screen) that max turns was 1000. But at the 380 mark it still popped up the "mandatory retirement year" popup and suddenly there were only 20 turns left... I mean, I like playing looong games, ones that would go till modern times, but in RoCX I can hardly manage early industrial even in a huge map with this turn limit... Is there any way to go around it?

McM

Yes, like I said, a random map, huge...

McM

Jaguar said:
If you're not sure you can do consistent work on the project, maybe we could trade off who does each patch. For example, you do the first update, then Aeon does one, then I do one, or something like that.
Oh, I can be consistent and passionate and all, I've just had bad experiences with me trying to spearhead a project and nobody being interested in it (which won't happen hear) and me eventually forgetting about it. That happened at least two or three times with mods that I wanted to make.

Huge map and monarchy. But I think 400 turns is a bit... well. little. I mean, in the normal game huge maps have 540 turns..

McM

Rhye said:
What do you mean? :confused:

I mean that i play Civ 3 as game and not for competition :D .

I mean same for your mod .

For the problem of tech rate ? May not make 8 .biq (4 random and 4 world map) dedicated to an unique difficulty level ?

Example : i should choose "Rhye's Regent Expansion World Map" .biq for play the world map with my favourite fair "Regent Level"

Do you understand ?

Yes, my sir :D !

Besides, I like kinda regulating the science level as I go... If I really lag behind in tech, I usually cripple those who are leaders in science if I can, usually through alliances and such, and thus keep the tech going slow... I like some games to go to 2050 still at middle ages and some to be in modern times by 1700.

So more than just changing how fast science is developed Iäd like to just be able to set the amount of turns in the game... 400 is far too little if I want to go far with tech...

McM

400 turns is a key point in the loading times reduction. All the tech costs were adapted to that length. In the Earth map. With random maps, things become more difficult to adjust, because there's more variation. The tech rate I gave are approximations, I may have set something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom