World congress votes

redninja

Chieftain
How the heck do I earn world congress votes? I founded the congress and got 2 votes that way, but I am currently losing the vote to Germany 2 to 3, and I have 7 CS allies...so clearly that is not the way to earn votes. Any advice is appreciated TY in advance.

CS allies only get votes in the Industrial era and beyond - you get a screen saying your delegate numbers have changed, and that now CSes can vote.

When you first found it, the only ways to gain extra delegates are by proposing (and passing) World Religion or becoming the host, or by making deals with other civs asking them for their vote (I'm not sure whether this gives you their delegates to control or whether they just vote on your behalf - if the latter, there's no way of controlling how many delegates they provide to your cause. I think it has to be the latter). Delegate numbers increase somewhat arbitrarily by era after that.

One issue with BNW is the sheer lack of documentation. The systems it introduces are for the most part much more complex than those in G&K or vanilla, but very little is explained in the Civilopedia. It took me a while to work out where I could see the theming bonus for buildings, for instance.

Ah, I figured it was at least somewhat similar to the previous vote system for the UN diplomatic victory, but it seems like it's a little more complicated and simply bribing the CS's isn't going to cut it anymore. That's probably a good thing in the long run but like you said, I wish they made it a little more clear before I started playing.

the civs you bribe just vote on your behalf. you can bribe them for one of the two resolutions, but not both, I think because they devote all their delegates to what your bribing them to do. So, if germany has four delegates, and you bribe him to make your religion the world religion, you can't bribe him to use two delegates on that and two delegates to oppose a city state ban. all four are going to support the world religion resolution. Unless, of course, I'm missing something.

the civs you bribe just vote on your behalf. you can bribe them for one of the two resolutions, but not both, I think because they devote all their delegates to what your bribing them to do. So, if germany has four delegates, and you bribe him to make your religion the world religion, you can't bribe him to use two delegates on that and two delegates to oppose a city state ban. all four are going to support the world religion resolution. Unless, of course, I'm missing something.

correct but you are not buying all their votes. Only half IIRC.
Also you need a diplomat in their Capital city to able to trade for delegate votes.

Top Bottom