Another WW2 scenario

I am also having the same "assertion failed" problem. I tried install ver 3 and 5. Same thing always happen when i load this scenario. I really hope that i wont have to buy more ram...:sad:

My hardware is:
Intel Core I5 2500k @ 4,5ghz
8gb 1600mhz ddr3
ati radeon 5870
Win 7 64bit

This is basically the same as the system I have.

My PC: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @3.4Ghz, 12gb ddr3, 5800 series, win 7 64bit.

I kinda doubt 4 gigs of ram is a make or break on running this scenario, so it is likely to be something else causing the crash. Unfortunately, I continue to have no idea why it's not working.

I added an update to fix a bunch of mistakes I was finding, plus further improve the AI. This in case anyone other than myself is able to actually play the scenario that is.

Still not working for me.. Did you try reporting the problem to Firaxis or somewhere else ?

That hadn't occurred to me just yet, but I suppose I should plan on doing that. I have one last thing to try to fix it.

Yeah, that´s exactly the one I'm using, but it seems not to work. But somehow you are right that its a map problem, because it works when I choose another map type.

It's just when trying to start a game with the scenario loaded that the crash appears.

As I said earlier, I had seen this crash for myself when I first started testing out the scenario. To fix it I had to delete certain preplaced units on the map that were causing a conflict. Their units ID had changed after being previously put on the map. Once I got rid of the units with that problem the crash went away for me. I don't really get why others are now getting it and I'm not, but I think it's still worth trying at this point.

I am thinking I'll delete all the preplaced new ww2 units from the map, and then post that map on here to have one of you try it out with the mod. If it starts without the crash, then I should be able to put the new units back on the map and not have it return. I was hoping to not have to do this, as it's a little tedious. But, if it works that's ok.

I was just looking at the map to check it out, and it looks like you made mainland france stronger? Rifleman arent as strong as infantry, but they are still able to hold off an attack.

Well I have to replace a large part of the units if this works, so I'll keep the French army in mind when I'm doing that.

Here is the bare map. I did my best to verify all the ww2 units have been deleted, so it should contain only vanilla units preplaced. I need one of you guys that has been getting the crash to attempt to load the scenario using this map instead of the one that came with the mod.

I really hope it works! If it does then I will need another similar task performed. I will place a few of the ww2 units on the map and then need the map checked again to verify that simply placing any ww2 units on the map does not create a crash.

Map is attached below. Unzip/place it in your maps folder. The description for the map says it's a vanilla map. So be sure to choose that one instead of the old map.

I tried the map, still having the same problem. The mod files are in 2 parts now, not 4 anymore right ?

Part 1 is listed as version 6 because I made a lot of corrections to the v5 xml tables. Part 2 is all the unit art, which I didn't change. It takes around 20 minutes to do a rebuild of part 2, so I didn't think it was worth it just to have the version numbers match.

At this point I'm not too far from deleting everything off the map, so I'm going to try that next. Makes me wish there was a "delete all units" button in worldbuilder. I'm going to remove the ww2 buildings from the map too just in case that is somehow causing a conflict.

At this point I'm not too far from deleting everything off the map, so I'm going to try that next. Makes me wish there was a "delete all units" button in worldbuilder. I'm going to remove the ww2 buildings from the map too just in case that is somehow causing a conflict.

PROPS for your engagement! :clap: Can't wait to play the scenario...

Thanks, I'd really like to have this working correctly. Here is a completely bare version of the map. It should have nothing but cities and vanilla buildings preplaced.

Just need someone to attempt to load the scenario with it and report back on whether the crash still occurred. Again, just be sure you're using this map and not 1 of the old ones.

Attachments

• WWII 2.zip
    58.3 KB · Views: 125
Terrible... just terrible... I feel like punching my screen at this point :mad:. I will post a request for help in the support forum at 2kgames Civ 5. Hopefully someone can tell me WTF is the problem, because I am out of ideas and fed up.

Top Bottom