+60 Achievements in BNW?

Actually, a lot of the achievements don't need to be hard, they could juse do a simple Concert Tour ability Why? Because in these days a lot of achievements are "Tutorial" achievements, easy peasy achievements, and Civ 5 has plenty of them

Found a second city, earn a promotion, raze a barbarian camp, etc. etc.

Yes, there are some very basic achievements in Vanilla. Makes sense, as everybody is a newbie and there is hope for people new to the series to participate. This is an expansion, where we don't have to be tutored anymore. Sure, some achievements are not difficult, but every achievement in BNW is something special to it.

There is no simple "Found the World Congress." You have to control it the entire game for that achievement. Same with International Projects: highest contributor for all three of them. No achievement for passing a resolution, but repealing one of your own. No 1 dig site, but 5 from major civs. No single trade route, but all the variations there are.

But the main point is, why would England get a civ-specific achievement? Only new civs get those. France has one, but is has a changed UA.

Hmm, Archaeologists are indeed not Great People as Musicians, and don't have names. Which makes the Lost Ark a .. gamey achievement for hotseat.

Musician, however, are historical figures, but if it has to be from an English civ, that would mean the UA of England has changed. And I don't think that is the case.

But the main point is, why would England get a civ-specific achievement? Only new civs get those. France has one, but is has a changed UA.

Many of the achievements are inside jokes. Both America and England seem to get new ones simply because they're funny.

It doesn't mean new civs or new UAs, it means it's a reference, that's it.

Hmm, Archaeologists are indeed not Great People as Musicians, and don't have names. Which makes the Lost Ark a .. gamey achievement for hotseat.

Musician, however, are historical figures, but if it has to be from an English civ, that would mean the UA of England has changed. And I don't think that is the case.

It doesn't mean that. It's just a occurrence involving the new game mechanics which the developers wish to reward due to its similarity to real life events that figure into the culture from their youth. It doesn't need to have any significance beyond that.

Did anyone notice the Pedro's Party People achievement? I've never seen that except on here, so unless I'm mistaken, it's a neat nod :)

Did anyone notice the Pedro's Party People achievement? I've never seen that except on here, so unless I'm mistaken, it's a neat nod :)

I believe that I may have originated the term on this forum in my PAX excitement poll. I'm not sure if they lifted it from there, it was reused again elsewhere and they lifted it, or if it was a parallel development, but I'm happy to see the phrase as the name of an achievement.

Yes, there are some very basic achievements in Vanilla. Makes sense, as everybody is a newbie and there is hope for people new to the series to participate. This is an expansion, where we don't have to be tutored anymore. Sure, some achievements are not difficult, but every achievement in BNW is something special to it.

There is no simple "Found the World Congress." You have to control it the entire game for that achievement. Same with International Projects: highest contributor for all three of them. No achievement for passing a resolution, but repealing one of your own. No 1 dig site, but 5 from major civs. No single trade route, but all the variations there are.

What about "Found a Religion" "Found a Pantheon" "Steal a Tech" "Share INtrigue". God and Kings was an expansion pack no?

England (or was it Russia) got an achievement to kill another one's spy. But neither Russia nor England was a new civ either (except England got an addition to their UA with the extra spy).

The International Projects are the World's Fair, World Games, and International Space Station. I'll have to check if there's another one I'm forgetting, but they're all associated with the World Congress.

Thanks. I decided to check the other threads and found out about those. I think that's an awesome addition to the game.

So with British musician they mean musicians historically from the United Kingdom.

This achievement is not a civ-specific achievements (naturally, because England is not a new civ). This achievement is to promote the Concert Tour ability of Great Musicians. But just using the Concert Tour would be a bit too easy for a promotion, so they have a nice play on that.

You can get this achievement using every civ; you just need to have some luck with your musicians and America needs to be there. Playing as America would help with the last criterium. :p

I hadn't thought of that.

So with British musician they mean musicians historically from the United Kingdom.

This achievement is not a civ-specific achievements (naturally, because England is not a new civ). This achievement is to promote the Concert Tour ability of Great Musicians. But just using the Concert Tour would be a bit too easy for a promotion, so they have a nice play on that.

You can get this achievement using every civ; you just need to have some luck with your musicians and America needs to be there. Playing as America would help with the last criterium. :p

Playing as America doesn't help with that, as your Great Musicians can't tour your own country :)

Has anyone else noticed how it says "conquest victory" while it's called a "domination victory"? Or at least I thought it was a domination victory. Was it?

Something that has just occurred to me regarding the alphabetical order of the remaining Civs...

We know that two Civs must fit alphabetically between Portugal and the Zulu. So far, the consensus seems to be that we are expecting Vietnam and the Sioux.

However, in drop-down lists in-game, Civs such as the Aztecs and the Huns are alphabetised under T for 'the' rather than, say, A or H. So is it not possible that we could in fact get two more 'the' Civs? Of course, if this were true, 'the Zulu' would rule out Vietnam.

'The Sioux' still works, as indeed would any Native American tribe.

Something that has just occurred to me regarding the alphabetical order of the remaining Civs...

We know that two Civs must fit alphabetically between Portugal and the Zulu. So far, the consensus seems to be that we are expecting Vietnam and the Sioux.

However, in drop-down lists in-game, Civs such as the Aztecs and the Huns are alphabetised under T for 'the' rather than, say, A or H. So is it not possible that we could in fact get two more 'the' Civs? Of course, if this were true, 'the Zulu' would rule out Vietnam.

In other threads, posters have pointed out that in G&K "The" was not factored into the alphabetical naming scheme for achievements.

That is a really good point... although there is certainly no consensus!

The Moors could be sitting in the T's rather than the M's. I dont think they use hard and fast rules and depending on how they set up these things I think most options are still open.

I get the feeling if Indonesia?Majapahit, The Moors/Morocco and Italy/Venice aren't all in at this point there may well be a mini-riot on these boards because so many people expect those choices. Also if there is no Indonesia or Vietnam people will go bugnuts crazy

Some of these achievements are comedy gold. "Vote for Pedro" and "Raiders of the Lost Ark" would have made me laugh out loud if I wasn't at work. And of course, I'd probably buy BNW just for "Poland CAN Into Space" alone. That achievement was just begging to be made. :c5science:

Still wish there'll be a "What is the Capital of Assyria" achievement, though. That would really make my day.

In other threads, posters have pointed out that in G&K "The" was not factored into the alphabetical naming scheme for achievements.

Ah. In which case, I suppose it would be unlikely that they would not repeat that alphabetisation with BNW.

Oh well, it was a nice thought :p

That is a really good point... although there is certainly no consensus!

It seems to be that most posters are now expecting Italy, which would mean no Venice. But you're right, there still isn't total consensus on that point I suppose.

So I misclicked when checking the achievement debug file... don't know if these have been posted elsewhere, if they mean anything, or if I'm spacing on some V/G&K scenario...

[321283.793] Invalid Reference on UnitGameplay2DScripts.UnitType - "UNIT_HITTITE_WARCHARIOT" does not exist in Units
[321283.793] Invalid Reference on UnitGameplay2DScripts.UnitType - "UNIT_SUMERIAN_PHALANX" does not exist in Units

The "Wonders of the Ancient World" DLC had a scenario with the Hittites and the Sumerians in it - that's probably it - besides, we already know the Sumerians aren't in, Ur is a City-State.

Top Bottom