Expansion packs

xTopesx

Chieftain
I am playing civ again after a break of over a year and Im getting really into it and want to buy an expansion. Now i know that BNW is coming out soon. So should I just buy one or the other? Buy both? Money isnt really an issue.

I am playing civ again after a break of over a year and Im getting really into it and want to buy an expansion. Now i know that BNW is coming out soon. So should I just buy one or the other? Buy both? Money isnt really an issue.

G&K improved Civ immensely. If you buy BNW you'll get all the G&K improvements minus the civilizations. There is also a way to upgrade to gold edition for tweny bucks on steam if you have vanilla Civ. The gold edition includes everything published (including G&K), minus korea and ancient wonders if memory serves.

So in short, if you buy BNW you get all the G&K features minus the civs. It all depends how much you want the G&K civs. Best bang for the buck imho would be upgrading to gold edition and buying BNW.

G&K improved Civ immensely. If you buy BNW you'll get all the G&K improvements minus the civilizations. There is also a way to upgrade to gold edition for tweny bucks on steam if you have vanilla Civ. The gold edition includes everything published (including G&K), minus korea and ancient wonders if memory serves.

So in short, if you buy BNW you get all the G&K features minus the civs. It all depends how much you want the G&K civs. Best bang for the buck imho would be upgrading to gold edition and buying BNW.

Thanks for the help! Ill look on steam for them

Gold edition does include Korea + Wonders. I recommend waiting for the Steam summer sale that is no doubt coming up as the civ franchise tends to get reductions around then.

Is the newest expansion pack for Civ (Brave new World) going to be part of the Summer sale??

Right now, on sale at Amazon for 27.00

Should I wait.

Is the newest expansion pack for Civ (Brave new World) going to be part of the Summer sale??

Right now, on sale at Amazon for 27.00

Should I wait.
You can be pretty sure a brand new release won't be in a Steam sale right away.

Yeah, Steam avoids discounting stuff that's only a month or two old when they do sales. I'd expect Civ 5 Gold to get a steep discount, but BNW won't.

Given that, go ahead and buy BNW. Then, keep an eye out for the Steam Summer Sale, and wait until Civ 5 Gold gets a good sale. That way, you get all the gameplay updates now in BNW, and you can get the other civs (from G&K and the DLC) for cheap in Civ 5 Gold.

I wouldn't recommend waiting for a sale if money isn't an issue. It's only a few dollars that you would save, anyway [not worth the wait, IMO].

Hey guys,

If I want all the patches, updates, civs, dlcs, scenarios and wonders is buying Gold Edition Civ5 and then BNW enough?

I was thinking of buying Civ5, GK, and BNW all of them but is that silly?

Hey guys,

If I want all the patches, updates, civs, dlcs, scenarios and wonders is buying Gold Edition Civ5 and then BNW enough?

I was thinking of buying Civ5, GK, and BNW all of them but is that silly?
Gold and BNW is good

Top Bottom