Maria suffers from chronic backstab disease...

After my first game, no one declared war on me once. I start out as Pocatello and was friendly with Ashan and Pedro. I joined Ashan for a fake war on Pedro, and after a few turns I made peace and Ashan took out Pedro. He was going for Indonesia but I stopped that and started to take out Ashan. I liberated Brazil, liberated a city back to Indonesia and that was that. After I found the other continent, they had wars. Venice was destroyed by the Zulu, Casmir took out Morroco then the Zulu, and Maria was sitting in her corner playing nice. Caimir and I were buddies despite going for cultural victories and having different ideologies. Zulu hated me but I was nowhere close to him to start a war. I even took a city off him from city flipping.

Every war I had in that game I was being asked to join, or I did myself against Assyria. It was different.

I guess I have to be reminded that some do not play or wish the AI play to win and think that stable, predictable alliances should be a shared victory. I've always felt that playing against AI opponents is a bit exploitative and that by reducing/removing unpredictableness/randomness makes that even greater.

Top Bottom