Download and Current Changelog

mod works on Steam, You can load it inside CivIV. Currently, only the launcher doesn't work with Steam (and that is just to launch the mod, the other features of the launcher work fine). (For more info see discussion in launcher thread)

I can't get drakes to be able to build ther unique buildings. What needs to be done to get them?

Hey.

I just bought a new computer (w/Windows 7). I loaded Civ Complete on it, patched it, and downloaded RifE 1.3. It doesn't work.

The launcher lauches, but doesn't DO anything. It disappears and the screen flickers like it's going to do something, but then nothing happens.

How can I fix this? I desperately want to play!

I can't get drakes to be able to build ther unique buildings. What needs to be done to get them?

I think there are two tiers of dragons, and only the stronger ones can construct their unique buildings. You probably have one of the weaker ones.

Hey.

I just bought a new computer (w/Windows 7). I loaded Civ Complete on it, patched it, and downloaded RifE 1.3. It doesn't work.

The launcher lauches, but doesn't DO anything. It disappears and the screen flickers like it's going to do something, but then nothing happens.

For some people it can take a while to actually launch; We arent' sure precisely why yet. Give it a few minutes; So long as it still shows BeyondTheSword in the task manager processes list, it's loading.

I think there are two tiers of dragons, and only the stronger ones can construct their unique buildings. You probably have one of the weaker ones.

No, only one. I'll see why it's not able to build them; May have left it off on accident.

Technically two, but the higher level of Drake isn't in and is a hero unit.

On my Win7 computer, Civ4 takes one to two minutes to launch. For most of that it seems like nothing is happening, only in the final quarter of the time does the Civ4 loading screen pop up.

So, Win7-users... hang in there! It will launch.

I have turned to manual all my .net runtime optimisation services, java compilers, basically anything that is useful to run certain applications faster but not needed when those applications are not running. I have yet to do exhaustive testing, but it appears that Civ4 and associated mods load faster when I have all of these services running because my computer has processed many of the libraries before I asked it to (by loading Civ4).

Hey.

I had the same problem but it is easily fixed. Right click on the shortcut icon for the launcher. Select properties, then compatibility, and under 'Priviledge Level', check the box 'Run this program as an administrator'. Select apply and then ok. The launcher will now run fine.

I had the same problem but it is easily fixed. Right click on the shortcut icon for the launcher. Select properties, then compatibility, and under 'Priviledge Level', check the box 'Run this program as an administrator'. Select apply and then ok. The launcher will now run fine.

Also UAC and windows defender realtime protection can cause long delays on start up of some programs!

No, only one. I'll see why it's not able to build them; May have left it off on accident.

Technically two, but the higher level of Drake isn't in and is a hero unit.

Well I mean, I looked at the civ-o-pedia, and for the brass, black, red and white drakes, there is a ~4 str +~2 elemental drake that can't build anything and a ~4 str ~4 elemental drake that can. Other than the differences in strength and construction ability, they're identical.

Well, I added the ones that could build from world builder, to see what was needed, and they couldn't build.

Possibly. But the Mastery promotions themselves simply will be nonfunctional with the new magic system.

Yes, Valk, I understand that, but what I mean is that the current Master of Creation gives 33% miscast, and is unavoidable if you want Birth spell. In other words, 3 out of 10 times you'll have your archmage rendered useless to even 10 turns.
Judging for the time that 1.3 took to show up, 1.4 probably may be out the next year, and is more easy to remove the 33% miscast in the next patch rather than wait to 1.4 to get it, isn't it?.

Well, I added the ones that could build from world builder, to see what was needed, and they couldn't build.

I also noticed that, seems that somebody overlooked the feature. Anyways if you go to Wb and you want, you can simply delete your dragon and create the bulding for your city, in essence it would be the same.

EDIT:

I fixed mine Sjuru.
So I figured that all my settings being left over was some indication of it not being completely removed, so i manually deleted all traces of RiFE i could find.
I think going into My Documents/My Games and deleting the Beyond the Sword Folder did it.

Yo pal, you saved my life, it worked, but you just needed to delete civ.ini, thats all, I think you deleted your saves for nothing.
If somebody had the same problem (Unable to load the official maps script) should try deleting the civ.ini.

I am running the entire computer as an administrator. I did as you suggested (and I appreciate the help), but the launcher still does nothing. It comes up, I launch, it disappears (small white box appears and disappears in under a second) and... nothing.

I have played the various other RifE versions on other computers and am aware of the lag before loading (although the 20 minutes mentioned by another poster was a new one).

I pulled up the task manager to watch for BTS just in case I might be experiencing some kind of uber-lag, but BTS never goes into the task manager.

Other ideas?

I am running the entire computer as an administrator. I did as you suggested (and I appreciate the help), but the launcher still does nothing. It comes up, I launch, it disappears (small white box appears and disappears in under a second) and... nothing.

I have played the various other RifE versions on other computers and am aware of the lag before loading (although the 20 minutes mentioned by another poster was a new one).

I pulled up the task manager to watch for BTS just in case I might be experiencing some kind of uber-lag, but BTS never goes into the task manager.

Other ideas?
I run my computer as an administrator too. When you double click on the launcher icon does the UAC popup display? It should. Make sure Civ4 BTS is set to be run as an administrator as well. When you launch Civ4 BTS the UAC popup should display as well. Vista and Windows 7 work this way (both share the same codebase and are vastly different than XP and earlier.) It doesn't make sense, sure, but that is how these OS's are designed.

Try running Civ4 BTS, choose advanced and load a mod. Rise from Erebus will be one of the options if the install was successful. The launcher is not required to play RifE. If it works then that would mean the problem is with the launcher on your computer.

Top Bottom