Download and Current Changelog

And as a teaser:

All bugs are out of the system, needing to fix the screen and swap out two lists for arrays (so I can specify a specific amount of each unit; First idea was just to list it twice, doesn't work :p), and then I just need to actually make all the SpawnGroups.

Oh, aside from adding display text for PrereqTechANDs, PrereqTechORs, and SpawnTerrains. :p

I love you Valkrionn. Still awesome that one of my ideas gets integrated into RifE.

btw, the Goblin leader is actually called "Mons" not "Mon". So the group should be called "Mons's Goblin Raiders".

Also, is that huge empty space going to go away, our being used for picures?

I love you Valkrionn. Still awesome that one of my ideas gets integrated into RifE.

btw, the Goblin leader is actually called "Mons" not "Mon". So the group should be called "Mons's Goblin Raiders".

Actually it would be "Mons' Goblin Raiders"

Got to love English, and all its funny little rules.

Technically it's Mons's Goblin Raiders.

Mons also has Waiters.

iirc Mons is the name of one of the original mtg testers/creators.

Yeah, i know that, by normal english rules it should be Mons'.
But it is based on this magic card, which writes its name as "mons's goblin raiders". Don't know why. They simply do.

Valkrionn used it, because i used it as an example on how i imagined this whole thing to work. (and i kind of threatened him to use it :) ) Was simply the first barbarian sounding group name that i could think of.

edit ninja'd by beardy dan. but yeah, exactly what he said.

The rules I learned are that if it is a plural ending in "s" you only put the apostrophe; but if it is singular (or maybe just a name - I don't remember exactly), you still add the "s" after it. The specific example I recall (being the basis of having it explained to me) was "Odysseus's" being the correct form.

:crazyeye: English

I am running the entire computer as an administrator. I did as you suggested (and I appreciate the help), but the launcher still does nothing. It comes up, I launch, it disappears (small white box appears and disappears in under a second) and... nothing.

I have played the various other RifE versions on other computers and am aware of the lag before loading (although the 20 minutes mentioned by another poster was a new one).

I pulled up the task manager to watch for BTS just in case I might be experiencing some kind of uber-lag, but BTS never goes into the task manager.

Other ideas?

Not sure if you've already fixed this, I see it's been a couple of days since you'd posted, but just in case:

Just like you mentioned, I too had my computer set up as an administrator - but I still experienced the exact same issue you had. I manually went in, right clicked the launcher and manually set 'run as administrator', and the issue went away and I was able to play. (you see the standard Vista box about "a program needs your permission to continue" at that point, you click 'yes', and it's off and running...)

I'm not certain why my computer made me manualy set this, but you may want to give it a shot if you haven't already - it fixed this issue for me, at least.

The rules I learned are that if it is a plural ending in "s" you only put the apostrophe; but if it is singular (or maybe just a name - I don't remember exactly), you still add the "s" after it. The specific example I recall (being the basis of having it explained to me) was "Odysseus's" being the correct form.

:crazyeye: English

I think both are considered correct, although Mons' is perhaps more correct. More correct in the sense that while Mons's is probably good enough for an editor of the New York Times, it is not good enough for the New Yorker.

Ah, I was just going from the faux-xml you posted ha. I'll correct it.

And yes, the huge space is going away. I haven't started playing with it yet, doing that now. If you notice, it's an exact clone of the Traits page. :p

Concerning the possessive forms of singular names ending in an s. English actually has two rules. If the name is of a person considered to be historically significant, the s after the apostrophe is left off. If the name is not of an historically significant person the s remains at the end of the possessive form. (i.e. Moses would be Moses' book but Charles would still be Charles's book (unless of course you are referring to an historically significant Charles)) At least this is what the rule used to be when I learned it:), could have changed since then.

Of course one must then ask oneself, Who should be considered historically significant? And that is another question in and of itself :)

The "Weight" part should be written out in laymen's terms, so that anyone can understand what it means. Otherwise it should just be hidden as it means nothing just writing it out.

I love the list that you got that show the available and compatible module files for this, just keep it updated, it also be nice if you could also list the bugs, as one of the modules I do believe or the game itself is causing my game to crash after 3-5 turns.

nice :D
I love this teaser
(did you notice he has golden eyes ? I can only conclude that he is blood related to valk :lol:)

Doesn't change my comment ;)
(IIRC, I never ever got to the Clan's civilopedia's page ... strange no ?)

Top Bottom