Another WW2 scenario

just the fixed allinces. the tech will stay the way its set up. ive been playing this for awhile and a good portion of the time ill make it to at least turn 60(most of the time when i get to that point i end the game myself and start over)

Allright got it, thanks for that :)

Its quite interesting and really odd stuff happend (england going to war vs france & USA attacking mexico and canada), sadly my game crashed at turning 12-13 now :/

Gonna give it a twirl later on perhaps, but those hardcrashes are ruining the fun a bit..

edit, dont know if this has been mentioned earlier... Whatever causes the crashes (with the LUA on or off) seems to be decided early on in the game to some degree, I tried to go back 2 turns in both my games (lua off & on games) and the crash still occured as previously (turn12 to 13 for the lua off game & turn 32-33 with lua on)....

Allright got it, thanks for that :)

Its quite interesting and really odd stuff happend (england going to war vs france & USA attacking mexico and canada), sadly my game crashed at turning 12-13 now :/

Gonna give it a twirl later on perhaps, but those hardcrashes are ruining the fun a bit..

edit, dont know if this has been mentioned earlier... Whatever causes the crashes (with the LUA on or off) seems to be decided early on in the game to some degree, I tried to go back 2 turns in both my games (lua off & on games) and the crash still occured as previously (turn12 to 13 for the lua off game & turn 32-33 with lua on)....

idk what to say man. everytime i play i have no issue getting way into the game no problems.

oh also an update on my italy campain which i ended early simply cause of how stupid it got. i ran over southern frace and took out spain, greece, turckey and all the middle eastern nations. in a strange turn of events germany didnt becomce the agresser of the world. insted the usa did., it took over the uk and germany and then started duking it out with me and russia. once about turn 45 hit russia and i managed to get a ceasefire basicaly considering the war wasnt going anywhere. so the usa owns half of europe and like 3 russian towns and one of my frence citys and i own the usa's capital and panama and russia owns one city in alaska

oh also an update on my italy campain which i ended early simply cause of how stupid it got. i ran over southern frace and took out spain, greece, turckey and all the middle eastern nations. in a strange turn of events germany didnt becomce the agresser of the world. insted the usa did., it took over the uk and germany and then started duking it out with me and russia. once about turn 45 hit russia and i managed to get a ceasefire basicaly considering the war wasnt going anywhere. so the usa owns half of europe and like 3 russian towns and one of my frence citys and i own the usa's capital and panama and russia owns one city in alaska

so u managed to make the ww3

also what loading times between turns u had?

u waited 20 min for a turn???

it is a great scenario but i dont play it because of the huge loading times.
it would be nice if someone made a smaller europe version

Turns dont really take super long for me, maybe at worst its a 2min thing (I havent really had my stopwatch out). And alltho Im now on a i5 2500k 3.3Ghz with 16GB ram, the time is pretty much exactly the same as when I was on my Core2 duo 3Ghz 4GB ram setup..

Btw is there any way to read those error files that civ5 creates when crashing, or anything other way to see what the bloody mary is causing them ? :)

Turns dont really take super long for me, maybe at worst its a 2min thing (I havent really had my stopwatch out). And alltho Im now on a i5 2500k 3.3Ghz with 16GB ram, the time is pretty much exactly the same as when I was on my Core2 duo 3Ghz 4GB ram setup..

Btw is there any way to read those error files that civ5 creates when crashing, or anything other way to see what the bloody mary is causing them ? :)

ill be honest i dont know. ive never had any issues with it.

btw i thought you guys might enjoy a picture of my latist go at this game. take a guess at what country im playing as.

Attachments

• ww2 greek rampage.png
    ww2 greek rampage.png
    256.5 KB · Views: 104
Is Deity the best way to get the AI to be better at amphibious landings or is the AI always gonna be too ******ed to do that effectively? Every time I play as Germany and conquer England and France I never have to worry about America attacking from across the ocean. I've made it to turn 55 and not one single unit has come from America. I'm playing on Prince atm so if i change to Deity, how much of a bonus will the AI get over me as far as production and technology? And will America finally attack me on Deity and not just declare war for the hell of it lol? I want to remain dominant in technology as Germany but want the AI to be smarter. Also Japan never conquers islands that the allies control and I've never seen them try to invade Australia.

I also had an idea about the infantry units but don't know if it will be too much work. Maybe have unique uniforms and weapons for the major countries. For example, German infantry with MP40's and K98's and German elite infantry with STG44's. Or maybe change the SS to elite infantry and have the German paratroopers with FG42's like they had in real life. Hitler often used his Schutzstaffel to bail out some of his regular Wehrmacht guys. They turned out to be elite troops rather than just protection units during the war. And similar things for the other axis and allied units as well. But like I said, if it's too much work forget it. You've already done an amazing job on everything else, I can't really complain :p.

when i play as deity they tend to get a bit more brave and start doing it. the usa made it across the sea when i played on deity but thats only cause irland and scotland gave them units and when they went to war with the uk(they had replaced the uk as irland and scotlands allys btw) they used those at first and then once thy had the citys they built up there and went into europe.

when i play as deity they tend to get a bit more brave and start doing it. the usa made it across the sea when i played on deity but thats only cause irland and scotland gave them units and when they went to war with the uk(they had replaced the uk as irland and scotlands allys btw) they used those at first and then once thy had the citys they built up there and went into europe.

Does the AI seem to outdo you in tech (especially late in the game) on Deity?

ill be honest ive never payed attation i was to busy planning the invasion of the next country to care. i tend to low tech cheep units that i can replace quickly and spam my emenys so tech isnt a huge deal to me

Help please. Every time I take London before turn 13 on immortal level the system crashes. I have two saved files that are repeatable failures. Email me if you can help and would like the sav files. vale_krenik@hotmail.com.

Its not the system... 16GB 1600Mhz Ram, 2700k processor, 512GB SSD drive, and EVGA 560Ti video. Everything is a 7.9 on gaming levels. I used directx 10/11 and then tried 9. I monitored the crash and it causes some sort of memory fault, like addressing an address that does not exist.

Great scenario, just wish it would work.

I haven't read all the topic, so I maybe missed something, but every time I try to play Japan, the game crashes. England, Germany, or the US work without any problem. Did domeone else have the problem, or a solution ?

Nethertheless, it's an amazing mod, and a fabulous gaming experience. Very realistic.

Oh, by the way. Why is Malta french in the map ? (and sorry again if someone already asked the question a hundred times...)

Congratulations for your work on this mod. I like it.

Top Bottom