Quick Questions and Answers

Not that it will matter in another ... 106 days! :bounce:
Though it IS possible that trade routes will use the same mechanics (movement wise).

106 days, plus a year or so to get the next iteration patched and expanded to the point it is a sufficiently complete game.

So, I've been modding (both downloading and actually modding myself) civ 4, some changes make it somewhat like 5... Now I'm wondering: Are there any mods for 5 that make it similar to 4?

Like civics, no wide/tall dichotomy, milder pop effects on science, etc.

Sorry for the late question but can I use culture from my city to take over a city of a AI civ?

Thanks

im not sure what you mean by take over, but there is no mechanic to take over a city with culture. cities of AI civs can only be taken through combat or peace/trade deals.

i remember a chart here somewhere that detailed all the UUs that either kept their bonuses with upgrades or didn't. it was updated for BNW i think. does anyone have that chart? i have misplaced the image i had of it.

im not sure what you mean by take over, but there is no mechanic to take over a city with culture. cities of AI civs can only be taken through combat or peace/trade deals.

Thank you. Was there ever a version of Civ where I could conquer cities just by the strength of my culture?

Thank you. Was there ever a version of Civ where I could conquer cities just by the strength of my culture?

Not that I am aware of but i didnt play civ2 or civ3. there is a cultural victory condition but not a way to conquer a city.

Sorry for the late question but can I use culture from my city to take over a city of a AI civ?
Not like what happens with IV with the changing borders.
With Tourisms pressure, sometimes cities flip, and usually not even to a neighbor. It happens all at once with only a five-turn warning. Mostly it will only happen for the human player at low difficultly levels.

i remember a chart here somewhere that detailed all the UUs that either kept their bonuses with upgrades or didn't. it was updated for BNW i think. does anyone have that chart? i have misplaced the image i had of it.
I had no idea such a thing existed! But I bet this must be it:
http://www.carlsguides.com/strategy/civilization5/civs-leaders/uniqueunits.php
Very useful!

Not that I am aware of but i didnt play civ2 or civ3. there is a cultural victory condition but not a way to conquer a city.

Yeah I was referencing civ4, where your culture could push the border and take over AI cities.

Does Tourism work in similiar way in 5?

Yeah I was referencing civ4, where your culture could push the border and take over AI cities.

Does Tourism work in similiar way in 5?

No. You only get cities to flip if they have another ideology (and they refuse to switch to your ideology) and make their happiness go really low (by exerting a lot of tourism pressure). And even then, the cities will flip to the nearest civ that has your ideology.

No. You only get cities to flip if they have another ideology (and they refuse to switch to your ideology) and make their happiness go really low (by exerting a lot of tourism pressure). And even then, the cities will flip to the nearest civ that has your ideology.

So there's no way to culture bomb and "turn" a city like Civ3/4?

Your have a tourism bomb, but you will win the game before you flip any cities.
Just use your army to take it, either by force or as a peace treaty.

I've played dozens of games and I've never seen a city flip.

hey guys. can you suggest me some good mod which works more with resources? i dont like sources becoming obsolete and worthless. i already saw some on steam but comments section was so negative. thanks.

Your have a tourism bomb, but you will win the game before you flip any cities.
Just use your army to take it, either by force or as a peace treaty.

I've played dozens of games and I've never seen a city flip.

Cities flip every so often, but the enemy has -20 or worse happiness for it to flip. Big empires lose cities more often as a result, because being on the wrong side of tourism hurts them more.

In one game I got 3-4 cities from Attilla and another freedom civ got another 2 cities through flips, because he was autocratic and I was pumping out scads of freedom tourism.

Can you suggest me some good mod which works more with resources?
I am not sure what you are looking for. Have you tried the “strategic balance” option in the advance setup menu? If so, what did that not provide that is still leaving you frustrated?

I know I have been able to plant Citadels on City State occupied tiles,...even able to place them adjacent to the core of the CS,...But sometimes this isn't allowed - What are the conditions that make stealing land unavailable???

Yes, I know you need one of your territory's tiles next to the Citadel, and know I will lose influence,...I just don't understand what the conditions for this action to be performed?

Declaring War makes it immediately available (OBVIOUSLY), sometimes I can,....sometimes I can't...What gives? Friendship? Ally? Shouldn't I just lose influence, But still be able to perform the action?

-

I have not tried this all that often. Maybe you were trying to build the citadel on an oasis (which cannot support any improvements)?

I don't think forests, jungles or marshes matter. Nor undiscovered resources, archeology sites or improvements under construction. I also don't think inquisitors next to the tile matter, nor any peace treaties.
But I might be wrong!

Did you say that you can build the citadel after declaring war?

I have not tried this all that often. Maybe you were trying to build the citadel on an oasis (which cannot support any improvements)?

I don't think forests, jungles or marshes matter. Nor undiscovered resources, archeology sites or improvements under construction. I also don't think inquisitors next to the tile matter, nor any peace treaties.
But I might be wrong!

Did you say that you can build the citadel after declaring war?

Here is a screenshot,...I was unable to place a Citadel on the tile where Hanoi's worker is now,...Why?

Spoiler :
[/IMG]

I don't think forests, jungles or marshes matter.
I don’t know about marsh or jungle, but if you are not at war, you cannot put a citadel on forest (in foreign territory). The Oasis limitation is a good catch.
Here is a screenshot,...I was unable to place a Citadel on the tile where Hanoi's worker is now,...Why?
Forget the forest issue. Your GG needs to on your borders. So buy the tile the GG is on now then try planting where you want? But what does it get you? Your screenshot is kind of small, but I am not seeing a lux or resources? GG are rare and valuable. Why are you planting?

Top Bottom