Salt is bugged?

blitzkrieg1980

Octobrist
Okay, this is driving me crazy. I'm playing BNW as Assyria and my capital has 2 salt. Since there were another 4 salt around the immediate area, I took "Earth Mother" pantheon for the extra faith. Now I've settled a new city to grab 2 more salts but the game just doesn't seem to be registering the tiles as salt. Even after mining both tiles, I'm not getting the faith point from Earth Mother and the game is also not showing these 2 excess salt resources on the trade screens for any leaders. I can see salt in the trade screen but it only shows 1 available even though I have a total of 4 and am only trading 1 away.

As far as I can tell, the game isn't recognizing these as salt resources even though the graphic shows on the tile, the salt resource flag is present, and the yields are all consistent with salt. I searched Google but it doesn't seem like anyone else has experienced this. It's driving me nuts! Has anyone else experienced this bug? Is it even a bug? WTF is going on?

Edit: The salt "bug" (non-bug) has been resolved. I had founded a religion before the city was founded and the religion had not spread to the city yet, therefore, no Earth Mother bonus. As for the excess resource counts, I must have traded the extras away before stepping away from the game and coming back slightly drunk. The extras were being traded. No bug here. However, I am having an issue with the diplo-info pop up not occurring when I hover over a leader's attitude in the diplo screen. You know, you hover the mouse over "Friendly" or "Neutral" etc and a popup appears with all the diplo info for that leader... yea that's not happening. So that's a bug lol

Your Pantheon hasn't spread to your 2nd city yet.

That explains the Faith issue, but not the Available Resources issue.

OP, you sure you didn't trade the other 2 away? Maybe just check your Deal History screen just to double check if you don't mind.

Your Pantheon hasn't spread to your 2nd city yet.

OIC. That makes sense as I had already founded a religion before settling that city. I need to spread my religion to get the bonus. No problem there. Come to think of it, now that you explained that issue... I'm going to check and see that I'm not trading away the other salts.

Thanks for your help, man.

Once you found a religion any further cities that you settle wont have your pantheon.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

They won't have your pantheon until you spread your religion there. The pantheon becomes part of your religion and spreads its effects when your religion becomes dominant in the city.

Yup. Both issues are non-issues :D. I usually settle all my cities before founding religion but this game I went into all out settler spam mode and was still settling cities even after enhancing my religion. As for the # of trade resources... you guessed it... I had already traded them away. It was probably right before I had to take care of something and when I came back to the game I forgot I already traded them... 2 vodka tonics deep, too... might have something to do with it...

But there is something else that I'm experiencing which couldn't be a slip of the mind. When I hover over the "Friendly" or "Neutral" (etc) in a leader diplo screen, the modifiers are not popping up. It used to work on my last computer but for some reason it isn't doing it now. I hover over "FRIENDLY" but I don't see all the info on how that rating was ascertained (ie Open borders, Embassies, Declaration of Friendship, etc) nor are any of the current deals shown. The pop-up isn't showing at all. Any ideas on that one?

No specific help for the bug, but have you considered switching to EUI (enhanced user interface). It doesn't affect achievements and is a mod(ish) program that most serious civvers run. It cleans up the UI and (to address your problem) displays more detailed relationship information when you hover over the icon. It's a fix if you can't get the bug to stop.

You said "last computer"; were/are you using something like Enhanced User Interface (EUI) that you aren't/weren't using before? (Although it would seem like you'd still see the modified either way...)

No specific help for the bug, but have you considered switching to EUI (enhanced user interface). It doesn't affect achievements and is a mod(ish) program that most serious civvers run. It cleans up the UI and (to address your problem) displays more detailed relationship information when you hover over the icon. It's a fix if you can't get the bug to stop.

Yes I am already using EUI. That's why I was confused when the popup didn't appear.

aafritz17 said:
You said "last computer"; were/are you using something like Enhanced User Interface (EUI) that you aren't/weren't using before? (Although it would seem like you'd still see the modified either way...)
On both my last computer and this one I have EUI. However, on my old computer, I installed EUI from directly in the game (IIRC) but on my new computer, I downloaded it separately and copied directories/files manually. I don't think that would cause this problem, though, as all the other EUI features are working fine.

I just loaded the game up again to make sure it wasn't just some weird temporary bug. Nope, it's still happening. And it's really annoying b/c I don't have that quick reference when working with diplomacy.

Are ou sure you'reWORKING them tiles? It's salt, so even the auto-citizen should work it.

You don't need to be working the tiles to get the extra resources for trade. Nor do you need to work the tiles to get the Earth Mother bonus to appear on the tile yield. That being said, the original problem I was having was with myself lol. I didn't realize that my city did not yet have the pantheon/religion, therefore no Earth Mother bonus. Also, I traded away my excess resources and forgot about it totally.

Still having that problem with the diplo pop-up not occurring when I hover over the leader's attitude (Friendly / Neutral / Guarded etc) in the diplo screen. It's really getting on my nerves.

Fun fact: Found in a satellite city, take Religious Tolerance, and when your Religion starts spreading to your other cities they'll get 2 faith per salt as long as your Pantheon is the majority belief.

Top Bottom