Help

TheGuyWhoCanFly

Chieftain
I am a mac user when I tried to play Age of ice, it would not show any of the interface, but the other units and map graphics were fine. I am not sure what to do, if I should do what is recommended for vista or windows users, or if it is completely different for macs. Please help because I really want to play this.

I believe that Macs cannot run .dll files, which are essential to most the good mods. You cannot run FfH on a Mac.

Edit: Oh, I just realized that Age of Ice does not use a custom dll, so while the main mod is off limits the scenario that comes with BtS should still run fine. Is your BtS fully updated? I vaugely recall some bugs that could have caused that on the original CD, but those were fixed in BtS patched. I'd try updating first, but it could still be a Mac problem. I don't know much about macs though (my sister has one at home, but I much prefer PCs), and so cannot really help.

I got version 3.1 which is the best I know of right now. But thanks for the tip, patches are usually the best choice

You should have 3.1.9

I think 3.1.0 was obsolete before the game was avilible in stores.

You should have 3.1.9
He's using a Mac - I'm not sure whether they ported all patches that fast... (considering that BtS only came out a couple of months ago for Macs).

Cheers, LT.

I had the same problem, so I adapted the solution used by Windows users with the same issue. They needed to run as admin, which implies a permissions problem, so I adjusted the permissions on the game files. I don't remember exactly what I did, but I probably set the permissions to read/write/execute for everyone, that being the laziest solution.

Note that an admin account under OS X isn't really the same as an admin account under Windows, so I would speculate that you can see this problem even from a Mac admin account (although I can't verify that).

Top Bottom