Financial trait: Tell me if you like this idea.

DO you like this idea for the Financial trait?

• Yes, I like it. (More balanced)

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • No, I don't like it. (Less Balanced)

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • I don't care. (I want to see what others voted for)

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
The idea:
Financial - cuts inflation in half. Banks half cost.

Do you like it? Or does this seem more/less balanced?

EDIT: Upon looking into it I felt adding harbors at half cost balances it more in my plans. But the initial idea is what I am interested in. Industrious is going to be given the factory in addition. Philosophical is going to be given a new building all together.

I have been annoyed by the tile based financial trait for a long time and just havent ever gotten used to the idea of financial being based off the land and industrial not being this way even though this is how it was before. Anyways, I got to thinking and came up with this idea that I personally like. I am going to mod this in actually and then I won't mind playing financial civs as I think it balances them out more to the other traits.

All the other traits do not have anything to do with the tile worked and Organized made me think about the fact that financial should be much like it, then this popped in my head.

Originally I wasnt going to do a poll but as I typed out this thread, I figured "eh, why not?" I am just curious about how people view the idea. So here it is. :p

EDIT: BTW I voted "I don't care" cuz I am modding it in anyways and I want to se what you guys vote for. ;)

bank half costs feels better but not sure if cutting inflation into half is right..at earlier stages it doesn affect almost at all and the game seems to be over for most of the ppl by the time the effect starts kicking off..but your idea imo is still better because atm the financial trait is way too overpowered. I think that industrious is not based on the land because its hard to balance it..maybe add 1 hammer into the city plot and then 1 hammer to every plot producing 5 hammers or something?

I think this would leave Financial as easily the weakest trait. Inflation is virtually non existant at the early stages, and is frankly very trivial until the modern age, when the game is already decided. I think Zombie69's idea of making it +1 commerce on every tile with three rather than two would be better. It would cut out the bonus from water tiles (unless you had the Colossus), and it would take longer to get the bonus from cottages (even on a river they'd have to grow to hamlets first).

Wanted to throw in that the same flaw you see in the design initially, Muki, is the way it is already with organized. I honestly don't expect many people to like this idea though as I know alot of people out there play financial for the commerce boost not to mention it is well known to be the best trait.

That's a terrible idea. It would make the trait utterly useless.

I wouldn't mind financial being taken down a peg, though. As it is now, it's just ridiculous!

Hmm, I am trying to figure out just exactly how inflation works and it seems the best idea along this line is to remove inflation entirely for the civ. I am not real keen on that neither. Can anyone explain how exactly inflation works through the Percent values. I searched through the forums and every post that talks about inflation follows a pattern:

• User asks what inflation does.
  • 1 gazillion people come in to answer that with it is a fudge factor, yet not explaining the numbers system.
  • Debate takes place over what inflation is in real life and how it should not be called inflation in the game and similar debates.
  • Thread dies.

Code:
<iInflationPercent></iInflationPercent> The rate at which upkeep increases.
<iInflationOffset></iInflationOffset> How long before upkeep increases.
Can anyone explain how the above iInflationpercent works? What it actually does? Anything but tell me it's a fidge factor? ;) I need to know the mechanics, not why its there.

I replied in the other Inflation thread.. Basically it goes to 100% on Deity by 2050, it includes all other costs.
Here's the formula in even more detail, using those values

Inflation Costs=
Other Costs x (Game Turn-InflationOffset)/100 x InflationPercent/100 x DifficultyFactor/100

As for your idea for Financial, Inflation is too Weak for a major effect.

Something like modifying it to 1 per 3 or 1 per 4 might work
OR
Bonus for Banks and Markets and Grocers (for a Focus on Gold)

the 1 for 3 is also good as it still encourages the Cottages, (as well as Colossus) which I think Financial Should

I'd say 1 per 3 and 1/2 Banks would be good.

Top Bottom